Ulterra Wobble

gamecocks2001

Have any of you guys had a problem with the Ulterra wobbling at high speeds.  Anything over 6 and the whole boat shakes.  I have taken it to a certified Minn Kota shop twice and they haven't found anything to be wrong.  I've checked my mount (quick release) and it all seems to be tight.  

Again just thinking here. That says to me the shaft is straight, but the prop could be out of balance or out of shape. Is balance a factor in a plastic prop, I have no idea. But I would think only two things could cause wobble, the shaft or the prop.

Maybe someone with the same troller will chime in and give some better insight.

Had this same problem on my old MG. I hit an oyster bar with the prop and mangled it up pretty bad. I put it on a table grinder to smooth it down. Looked great but at high speeds it would shake your teeth out your head. Lol evidently it was not balanced after I worked on it. 

I would try a new one. 

With the understanding that you took it to a certified repair facility and its probably a long shot, I might suggest a quick call to Minn Kota.  My feeling is they hear all types of issues and yours might be familiar.  I had a problem recently and they were helpful regarding my Ulterra.  

Jp

Archived