Hello, 

I am looking for advice/willing to buy a prop for my 2010 Pathfinder TE with fiberglass T-top that is running Yamaha F150. It currently has a power tech OFX-3R18PCL200 which is obviously a 18 pitch prop. It struggles a little getting on plane with a loaded boat (not awful but could be better) but it is only getting up to 5200 RPM at WOT. Looking for advice on how to figure out which prop is best (4 blade/3 blade, pitch, diameter, ect) and which brand i should go with Power Tech or Yamaha. Let me know what your thoughts are or if any are for sale.

Thank you!

I have a 17 pitch Yamaha all reliance prop that planes off in a second with a fully loaded 22 foot pathfinder. I get 6000 RPMs with my Yamaha F1 50. My only trouble is that I have an inordinate amount of stuff in the bow. Your ofx prop is recommended for my situation. It sounds like I need your prop and I need your prop. Would you consider trading props or would you like to sell me your prop. Either way give me a call at 561-502-9027 my name is Steve

I think you will find most 22' Pathfinders with a F150 run best with a PowerTech OFX4 X 17.  Mercury makes a Rev 4 which is similar to the PowerTech.

The 4 blade prop will improve your hole shot and also reduce  porposing, but you will lose some top end speed.

That first response I made should have been written like this....I have a 17 pitch Yamaha all reliance prop that planes off in a second with a fully loaded 22 foot pathfinder. I get 6000 RPMs with my Yamaha F1 50. My only trouble is that I have an inordinate amount of stuff in the bow. Your ofx prop is recommended for my situation. It sounds like I need your prop and you need my prop. Would you consider trading props or would you like to sell me your prop. Either way give me a call at 561-502-9027 my name is Steve  sorry about the typos

On 6/5/2018 at 7:23 AM, Bamaskeet said:

think you will find most 22' Pathfinders with a F150 run best with a PowerTech OFX4 X 17.  Mercury makes a Rev 4 which is similar to the PowerTech.

The 4 blade prop will improve your hole shot and also reduce  porposing, but you will lose some top end speed.

What he said.....especially with a Jackplate....the OFX 4 17 with 3/8 ported is the bomb !!! There is a video of my pathfinder (no t top) on the powertech website doing hole shots...

No blow out in the turns even at 4 on the JP.

Top end is the low 40's....maybe high 38's with a t-top.

dc

Archived