2300DV forward locker

Reel Joy

I have a 2004 2300DV. I just noticed some stress cracking in the forward floor locker. The cracks are in a 6 inch diameter circle shape. It seems like there may have been pressure or impact from the outside. Does anyone know if I am looking at the inside of the hull or a separate fiberglass mold on top of the hull? I never hit anything in the water and the hull looks fine on the outside. Maybe some water got in between the hull and this mold and froze over the winter?? 

The good news is I recently re-powered with the Yamaha 4.2 offshore motor and it's much faster!

Thanks

Paul

Hey Paul

All six of the deck lockers are molded into the large stringer grid. The grid structure is bonded into the hull while it is in the mold. The cockpit liner is bonded on top of the stringer grid, creating these lockers and covering the fuel tank.  The floors of the lockers are not structural elements of the grid.  The cracks are only cosmetic.

I did a build thread on my DV .  Take a look at the link.. It will show you a lot more about your boat..

Deep Vee Build Thread

Marc

Marc,

Thank you. That's a great set of photos. My boat has the live-well in the floor, not the leaning post.  I would have preferred the leaning post. I like the changes to the console.

My new motor is 225hp, they didn't have a any 250 or 300 motors. Seems like there's a shortage of Yamaha offshore motors. Anyway, I used the old SWS 19 prop and my speed numbers are similar to yours. I believe the higher(vs old F225) speeds are dure to the lower unit gearing. The new engine is happy at 37-3800, 32 mph .

BTW, do you still have the boat?

Paul

Archived