Garmin GPSMap 498 - UPDATE

rubble

UPDATE:   Powered the unit up and found that the Transducer may be bad.  It is not staying locked in on a depth and Garmin support said that it sounds like the ducer isn't firing properly.  Also, did a reset to make the unit acquire the satellites.  It picked up three and seemed to function properly.  Would only sell as is to someone willing to take a chance on picking up another transducer and giving it a shot.  Message an offer if interested.  

----------------------------

Original Post:

This unit was purchased from new Hobo back in 2008ish. Worked well but fishing some river channels required me to go with a side scan.  I put this unit on the bow and ran the transducer on my TM but when I upgraded the TM to an iPilot, I tealixed there was no way to mount to the TM and I don’t want to put another ducer in the transom. So here is a good unit. Ran perfect last time I used it. Has some old tracks and waypoints that may be of a little help to someone including Lake Cherokee-TN, Green River Lake-KY, Cumberland Lake-KY, Guntersville Lake-AL, Kissimmee and Tiger Lake-FL, some everglades. 

Comes with the Trolling Motor mount and a transom mount (if I can find it). Also has power cord, transducer, swivel base, cover and operating manual. I dont think I have any chips for this unit as there is not one in the card slot.

Asking $150.00 plus shipping.  Could arrange for possible pickup in Naples area. 

B00F4024-AEB6-47B3-9A5B-C043F29C28B5.jpeg

Archived