2002 2200v ReWire

DAME TU LONCHE

Hope everyone had a safe memorial weekend. Looking to the next project on the boat and it will most definitely be wiring the boat. Curious to see what the bill would look like. I have read great things about Master Repair and if anyone could share those numbers that would be awesome. The boat is still operational, but I’m looking to give it another 20 years.

thanks,

randy 

From my research, I would expect to pay around $3k for a “full rewire”.

I suggest you look at it and make sure you really need it. I’ve had a 96, 02, and 03 and with all the boats I ended up replacing all connectors with quality heat shrink connectors but never saw a need for replacing wiring. They seem to have used good quality wire back then. 

IMO The weak points are the “push” connectors on switches and the fuse panel which also has those connectors. I’d look into replacing those before any wire...

I had plans for a blue seas ring terminal fuse box to replace mine on my Pathfinder before it was stolen. The panel is relatively inexpensive although the ring connectors can add up pretty quick. 

14 hours ago, justfish said:

From my research, I would expect to pay around $3k for a “full rewire”.

I suggest you look at it and make sure you really need it. I’ve had a 96, 02, and 03 and with all the boats I ended up replacing all connectors with quality heat shrink connectors but never saw a need for replacing wiring. They seem to have used good quality wire back then. 

IMO The weak points are the “push” connectors on switches and the fuse panel which also has those connectors. I’d look into replacing those before any wire...

I had plans for a blue seas ring terminal fuse box to replace mine on my Pathfinder before it was stolen. The panel is relatively inexpensive although the ring connectors can add up pretty quick. 

Good advice, went BlueSeas and ring terminals a few years ago, Big improvement and cleaned up lots of extra wiring! 

Archived