Bubba B

ALL QUIET AT THE MOMENT

08_28_2332IR_ani.gif

ALL QUIET AT THE MOMENT

All maps static and automated automatically update. The date and time of the latest updates are located on the maps. Note that most maps are in ZULU/UTC time. See chart on the "Main MBG Weather Site" link below for time translation to local time.

LINK TO NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER

LINK TO MAIN MBG WEATHER SITE

two_atl_5d0.png

NO STORMS AT THE MOMENT

hiatlsat_None_anim.gif

GOES16-TAW-13-900x540.gif

GOES16-TAW-GEOCOLOR-900x540.gif

GOES16-EUS-GEOCOLOR-1000x1000.gif

united-states-current-radar-animation.gi

Southeast sector loop

Northeast sector loop

Central Great Lakes sector loop

Click for latest Long Range Base Reflectivity radar image from the Jacksonville, FL radar and current weather warnings

Click for latest Long Range Base Reflectivity radar image from the Wilmington, NC radar and current weather warnings

Click for latest Long Range Base Reflectivity radar image from the Wakefield, VA radar and current weather warnings

Click for latest Base Reflectivity radar image from the Charleston, SC radar and current weather warnings

Click for latest Base Reflectivity radar image from the Wilmington, NC radar and current weather warnings

Click for latest Base Reflectivity radar image from the Columbia, SC radar and current weather warnings

Click for latest Base Reflectivity radar image from the Wakefield, VA radar and current weather warnings

Click for latest Base Reflectivity radar image from the Blacksburg, VA radar and current weather warnings

Click for latest Base Reflectivity radar image from the Knoxville/Tri Cities, TN radar and current weather warnings

678x678.jpg

GMIR.JPG

1808x1808.jpg

*************************************************************************************

EMERGENCY INFORMATION LINKS

LINK TO ACTIVE REDCROSS SHELTER LOCATIONS-INTERACTIVE MAP

LINK TO FLORIDA EMERGENCY SHELTERS

LINK TO US MAP FOR WEATHER ALERTS LAND AND MARINE

LINK TO HURRICANE EVACUATION ZONES BY STATE AND COUNTY

08_28_2332IR_ani.gif

• Like 2

Looks like things are starting to heat up. And they are concerned this nearby tropical wave may end up in the Gulf and possibly develop into something! 

The surfer in me is a little excited, the fisherman in me is apprehensive, the homeowner in me just located a rock to hide under.  

We'll all be watching.  Thanks Bubba!

Just watching the Weather Channel...They are predicting two storms to emerge off of Africa soon after this initial storm swerves North harmlessly into the Atlantic...Their concern is that a High may build during the same period of time and cause the following storms to track West towards the states. 

Justfish I fully understand the PTSD...After 38 years (And counting) on the job as a first responder I have been involved with several storms to include Andrew...I Retire June 2019 and would have preferred to be a Civilian for the next storm!!! 

08_28_2332IR_ani.gif

On 8/31/2018 at 11:57 AM, Bubba B said:

Just watching the Weather Channel...They are predicting two storms to emerge off of Africa soon after this initial storm swerves North harmlessly into the Atlantic...Their concern is that a High may build during the same period of time and cause the following storms to track West towards the states. 

Justfish I fully understand the PTSD...After 38 years (And counting) on the job as a first responder I have been involved with several storms to include Andrew...I Retire June 2019 and would have preferred to be a Civilian for the next storm!!! 

08_28_2332IR_ani.gif

Retire all you want.

Never stop this site you created.

It's a go to for me.

Woody just retired after 32 years. Please don't follow in his foot steps. You move up this way as promised, it will be a hot mess.

I really hate when Bubba posts between June and November:)... However this is my go to information thread when things start getting nasty as well. Plus I don't have to watch Jim Cantore try to find the windiest, wettest, wind tunnel-like street corner between two high rises to broadcast from. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

Retire all you want.

Never stop this site you created.

It's a go to for me.

Woody just retired after 32 years. Please don't follow in his foot steps. You move up this way as promised, it will be a hot mess.

Troy I have been looking at properties all around your area. A couple of them would have a deposit on them if it was closer to June and my house here had a buyer.

As for the site, I will continue as long as the MBG forum exists. And speaking of site, as previously indicated a wave just started coming off Africa that they are predicting to develop and travel more westerly! :( 

2 hours ago, Bubba B said:

Troy I have been looking at properties all around your area. A couple of them would have a deposit on them if it was closer to June and my house here had a buyer.

As for the site, I will continue as long as the MBG forum exists. And speaking of site, as previously indicated a wave just started coming off Africa that they are predicting to develop and travel more westerly! :( 

You just missed one really close to me, 2 acre steal. I watched the for sale sign go in. Was gonna buy and flip or sell mine and move there. The guy dug the for sale sign hole on a Friday and the place had a contract the next day. It is sold and closed.

Crazy up here right now.

Sure have missed seeing you guys the last few years. Tell Shelby, the dogs and wife I said hello. Don't bust me on the order of hello. I like you to.

On 9/2/2018 at 6:47 AM, jason p said:

I really hate when Bubba posts between June and November:)... However this is my go to information thread when things start getting nasty as well. Plus I don't have to watch Jim Cantore try to find the windiest, wettest, wind tunnel-like street corner between two high rises to broadcast from. 

I’m betting Bubba ain’t as good looking as Stephanie Abrams tho. If anyone is gonna tell me I’m doomed, I’ll take 6’ of athletic woman any day ! 

And hello to Storm GORDON...And I updated the site with additional radar loops for the Gulf Coast all the way up and across to Texas.  

Dabear made a good point on this... If anything good can come from this storm, maybe it'll pull some Red Tide out to sea from the Florida West Coast.

Man, that thing developed rapidly!  More unneeded rain.  Hope you folks in the Upper Keys, Dade and Broward are staying safe and dry.

5 hours ago, geeviam said:

Dabear made a good point on this... If anything good can come from this storm, maybe it'll pull some Red Tide out to sea from the Florida West Coast.

I wish that were the case.

Probably more lake discharges, certainly more run off.

Red tide is said to form offshore. When blown inshore low salinity stresses it and it's said to release more toxins with increased stress. Blow it offshore and dump tons of fresh water on it ain't good. It happened in 2015 and killed the bottom fish all the way out to the middle grounds of west Florida. The event was 80 miles long 70 miles offshore. It is Killing fish offshore of Ft Myers out to 50 foot depths now.

The winds after the storm passes will turn onshore again for a bit for SW Florida.

I hope I'm wrong!

15 minutes ago, Capt. Troy said:

I wish that were the case.

Probably more lake discharges, certainly more run off.

Red tide is said to form offshore. When blown inshore low salinity stresses it and it's said to release more toxins with increased stress. Blow it offshore and dump tons of fresh water on it ain't good. It happened in 2015 and killed the bottom fish all the way out to the middle grounds of west Florida. The event was 80 miles long 70 miles offshore. It is Killing fish offshore of Ft Myers out to 50 foot depths now.

The winds after the storm passes will turn onshore again for a bit for SW Florida.

I hope I'm wrong!

Wow, didn't know the waters were in trouble that far out.  Not good.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, geeviam said:

Wow, didn't know the waters were in trouble that far out.  Not good.

They are not yet.

From 2014/2015

"The current red tide bloom is around 20 miles off the southwestern coast of Florida, too far away to bother beachgoers, at least for now. But it’s big … really big, stretching 60 miles wide, 90 miles long and at least 100 feet down. It stayed offshore that year for the most part. Stretched all the way to the oyster grounds of Appalachicola and shut those waters down to oyster harvest"

I updated the site and added info on FLORENCE. Now it appears as if Florence will impact the East Coast in some way! As FLORENCE approaches I will add additional maps and radar loops for the areas affected! And don't forget the two areas that emerged off the African Coast. They have a high probability of development into hurricanes and are traveling at lower latitudes. Those lower latitudes and the present steering currents are a concern for the South East.  08_28_2332IR_ani.gif

That high above Florence and that sudden shift to the west in track is for certain concerning for the central to north east coast.

The other 2 at that latitude bother me. Gonna be watching close the next 7 to 10 days

On 9/1/2018 at 5:29 PM, Moderator said:

>>>>>

All we can do is pray and hope for the best .We sure got lucky with the last storm . It rained less in central west Florida than it was everyday before the storm . It didn’t cause any wind or flood damage may have mixed clean water in the red tide area, and blew it off sure as per the local news reports .  We fished the Tampa bay south shore area yesterday and fishing was better than we have seen in a pretty long time more redfish around in there old spots than we have seen since last years hurricane. Hope we all stay lucky and safe and these storms lose there power and  dissipate while at sea . Prepare for the worst and hope for the best .