2200TE Under Gunnel Rod Tubes

NCTribute

I have a 2015 2200TE and it only has rod tubes on the starboard side for fly rods. The TRS version has them on both sides. The web page lists the livewells or release wells as the same size. So I assume that you could potentially add the tubes on the port side?

The website lists port and starboard rod tubes, but the website has historically had some bogus info, so does the current year model of the TE have them on both sides?

The port side might be obstructed by the gas fill and vent hose and no room left for the tubes. You might research changing the gas fill neck to something that would allow the fill hose to move over and make more room. Is there a pie-hole that gives access to the gas fill neck?

The 2200 TRS has port rod tubes. I had to change out the in-gunnel vertical rod holder on the star board side, first time I put a fly rod in the top tube took me about 5 minutes to get it out. The rod holder is directly in front of the tube, poor design, MBC sent me a rod holder that was at shallower angle.

I got the TE for the larger front deck, could careless about the additional live-wells, but would be nice to have more fly rod storage. My guess is the live-well may not allow room for the horizontal rod tubes. May have to take a peek in the forward area to see if that may work, never thought of that.

23 hours ago, NCTribute said:

Tubes would be in the rear of the boat. 

Sorry, I was thinking about the rod lockers. My 23 only came with rod tubes on the Starboard side, because I chose to have additional factory installed vertical rod holders installed where  the rear deck and gunnels intersect. No way to reach the standard vertical rod holder without stepping up on the deck.  I guess the factory could not figure out how to install a vertical rod holder and horizontal rod tubes in the same area. Got the boat home, removed the optional vertical rod holder, installed two rod tubes and reinstalled the vertical rod holder.

If you have a vertical rod holder in that area, remove it and look inside (between the hull and live-well). If you see some 1/2" starboard hanging from the rear deck, with two big holes (2")  bored in it, that is what holds the PVC pipe or rod tubes. If the hangers are there, then the rod tubes can be installed.

Archived