Power pole didn't stop my boat

Sunstone

On RT. 95 going 70 mph. O.o  A passing truck pointed back at my boat, pulled over and saw the pole deployed and about 18" shorter.  Just got off the phone with Power pole new spike is on the way.  They stand behind their product hear it all the time why buy from another company with service is this good.      

I did the same thing over here in Tampa. Took the spike off and went directly to the Power Pole Facility and as soon as I walked in the back door, the young man at the counter smiled and said he see's 3 or 4 of these issues every week. Handed me a new spike, no charge, and out the door I went. They have the best customer service hands down !!!!

11 hours ago, DWoodham said:

Any idea why it was deployed? Remote switch button pushed  in the truck?

I think something was hitting the remote in the leaning post with ever pot hole.  If I turned the main switch off it wouldn't have happened. 

I'm paranoid that mine will deploy going down the road, so I try to remember to turn off the main power switch. I also have one of the PowerPole travel covers for long trips. Not sure why I'm worried if they will give you a new spike. Just OCD I suppose. 

18 hours ago, J.N said:

Who else has forgotten it's down while trying to run the motor? I might have done that before:$

I have dual's......talk about NO GO :)

I always bungee my PP's when trailering.....I had one on my Pathfinder loose the prime when the hose connection broke somehow....it came slowly creeping down and when it hit the road at 65mph, the crack and splinter was something to remember......

Turn off the switch and put your remote in a separate box, then bungee.....

dc

42 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Turn off the switch and put your remote in a separate box, then bungee.....

This!

A knife in the pocket along with the remote is asking for the down button to be pressed when you move your leg while driving....or so I've been told.:D

Archived