Trim Tab Inline Fuse?

Nolezone

I’ve been on the hunt for mysterious water coming into my Hewes RF 18’ bilge. I detached, inspected for leaks and reinstalled both trim tabs with lots of 5200. No major problems and went smoothly. BUT, I might have messed up one of my TT switches while inspecting it (can’t control my curious nature, previous owner had L-R switches backwards). While looking at it, a fuse blew and I replaced it but still won’t come on. Is there also an inline fuse somewhere that might also be blown?

Thx for any thoughts.

So going through this also, my starboard tt stopped working, think I narrowed down to the actuator. Your port switch should control your starboard tt, that's how it was set up to my understanding, that's how mine are. Mine are wired to just regular on-off-on, on are momentary, I can't find a fuse anywhere in line for mine.

Switch the working and non working switches and see if that is the issue, keep it simple and go from there.

On 5/20/2018 at 11:43 AM, Nolezone said:

I’ve been on the hunt for mysterious water coming into my Hewes RF 18’ bilge. I detached, inspected for leaks and reinstalled both trim tabs with lots of 5200. No major problems and went smoothly. BUT, I might have messed up one of my TT switches while inspecting it (can’t control my curious nature, previous owner had L-R switches backwards). While looking at it, a fuse blew and I replaced it but still won’t come on. Is there also an inline fuse somewhere that might also be blown?

Thx for any thoughts.

check your ground connection on the bus....it only takes a little bit of slack on a screw to not work.

There should not be an inline fuse...but, who knows?  trace the lines from the stern...they should come together with a deuthc connection (check them as well) and take them out and just use a crimp for better connectivity...

as well, could be the switch....figure out how to re-attach the swithc to another external to see if they are moving....

dc

One of my trim tabs wasn't working even though it was getting 12v of power. The wiring was so shot that it wouldn't carry any amperage. It took me 15 minutes to run new wires through the rigging tube and the problem is fixed. Next week it will be something new LOL

Archived