backing plate - update - PIcs....I fouund out :) Hmmmm....Spot Stealing ? What Is Happening To My Skiff??

Wanaflatsfish

21 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

I am sure that they know their business but I trust there is a good size backing plate on that front bar. Anyone off balance falling into it will produce a lot of torque when on the bow. 

Looks like a good job.

Yes, I am going to install that later...right now, I asked Ralph to just get it complete, and I'll take care of the rest....even in this position, it's fine...it's not to be used for hanging on during a high speed run...only stepping off the deck....this weekend I"ll cut open the storage box and place a large backing plate....good catch.

dc

Man Dino, that thing is starting to look like a play ground, don't let any kids on that boat!:D I know they all serve a purpose for their owner which makes for a much more pleasant day of fishing. Who was it a few years back that had a jungle gym looking poling platform made for their boat for safely getting on & off, was it flatsdoctor?  If it works for the owner and you have a good builder, all you need to do is imagine it!

50 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Yup !

I made that one too !

IMHO

Deleting posts is _________!!!

🇺🇸☠️

901AFDC1-B1A7-4C42-8C8F-BE924A73C1ED.jpeg

4 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Man Dino, that thing is starting to look like a play ground, don't let any kids on that boat!:D I know they all serve a purpose for their owner which makes for a much more pleasant day of fishing. Who was it a few years back that had a jungle gym looking poling platform made for their boat for safely getting on & off, was it flatsdoctor?  If it works for the owner and you have a good builder, all you need to do is imagine it!

all you need is this on the bow to complete that playground look your talking about,

https://www.schooloutfitters.com/catalog/product_info/pfam_id/PFAM7856/products_id/PRO19704?sc_cid=Google_SPL-902-774&adtype=pla&kw=&CAWELAID=1238963079&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=13113386417&CATCI=pla-145559018657

westmarine just put these things on sale, would jump on it while you can.

1 hour ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

I responded to Heweymagoos with another post but deleted it. Not worth my effort, however I should be an Egret and take a ride on someone else's back though......Image result for pictures of egrets riding animals

i owned probably the nicest hewes on this forum and sold it. Look it up. Was an awesome boat but needed something bigger.  Have major respect for mbg product and still do. Hewes started the sport of flats fishing. More people talk about hewes skiffs than any other. if you cant handle good humor go buy a carolina skiff and join that crowd. 

13 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

If it works for the owner and you have a good builder, all you need to do is imagine it!

Yep....it's all about how you fish....as I'm getting older....and this is my last skiff....I find a few extra things to grab help....several of my buds.....one above, have all fallen coming off the front deck with a rod in the hand....as well, last trip, my friend from Hawaii nearly took out my Simrad when he lost his balance and grabbed it...not good.

I love the look of a pure, clean skiff....they are a thing of beauty....but, they are for the younger generation who are like elves jumping down from the poling platform....and skipping around the gunnels :)

dc

Archived