Bayou Vista Kids Fishing Tournament

smooth move

for anyone interested, We here at Bayou Vista are having our annual Kids tourny on Memorial Day weekend. Fri thru Sunday, weigh in at 5-7 Fri and Sat. 12-2 on Sunday with award ceremony at 3 with hot dogs, drinks and cookies for all. Free to kids and teens. for better info go to Bayou Vista Summer Festival. 8 categories for the kids and all kids turning in a fish will receive something.  we've been doing this for 22 yrs and it's really a fun time and a great way to get the kids started on a fishing summer. also a Adult tourney for $30, but not mandatory. open to anyone from anywhere. love to see some of the PF family participate.

On 5/14/2018 at 9:15 PM, CG RYAN said:

Where do you hold the weigh in? I am interested. My kids would love it. 

at the park in BV, by the pool on Neptune St. can't miss it, right out front along the feeder st. it's really a lot of fun for the kids(adults too), especially if they win one of the 1, 2 and 3rd place prizes. the look on their faces is priceless.  we find a category for anything they turn in. entry forms can be picked up at city hall or both of the drive in stores in BV. we're not real formal about the kids. they can sign up at the weigh in. adults can sign in there also, but can't turn in fish until the next day. entries can be found online at bvfishing.com.

20 hours ago, smooth move said:

at the park in BV, by the pool on Neptune St. can't miss it, right out front along the feeder st. it's really a lot of fun for the kids(adults too), especially if they win one of the 1, 2 and 3rd place prizes. the look on their faces is priceless.  we find a category for anything they turn in. entry forms can be picked up at city hall or both of the drive in stores in BV. we're not real formal about the kids. they can sign up at the weigh in. adults can sign in there also, but can't turn in fish until the next day. entries can be found online at bvfishing.com.

Sounds fun. Will I have issues coming to the park with my boat (t-top)?

45 minutes ago, CG RYAN said:

Sounds fun. Will I have issues coming to the park with my boat (t-top)?

you won't be able to get under the RR bridge. most folks with T tops trailer and park at the parking lot across the street(bonita). the old Fat Boy's ramp is very close(Tiki) and free or there's the causeway bait ramp. it's $5 and a madhouse in the am, but bait is there and it's convenient and also close.

Archived