NMEA 2000 installation

Bruce J

I have a 2016 Pathfinder 2400TRS with a 250 SHO and Garmin 7610.  I plan to add a NMEA 2000 cable to the motor and connect it to the Garmin to view engine data, particularly fuel flow.  I've done some searching for previous posts on here and Hull Truth and I think I have a decent idea of what work is needed to get this done.  However, I'm wondering if anyone with my setup has already done this and whether you encountered any particular problems?  Secondly, I believe I'd need to run a second special Yamaha cable from the motor if I also wanted to capture water pressure info on the Garmin.  Does anyone know if that is true and if so is that also pretty straightforward to do?

I'm not afraid to tackle a few DIY projects like this, but my enthusiasm might easily exceed my ability!

I ran mine into my network. Buy the gateway cable that hooks into the Yamaha buss bar (device port) and connects into nmea network. It’s around $100 and took about 5 mins. Id like to have the water pressure sensor as well but I’m done with projects until winter.

*** I have a 250 sho with square command link gauges

I had to run a cable from my motor to my network but if I remember correctly the gauges have something to do with it, mine are not command link. Call BOE marine, they're incredibly knowledgeable in electronics and they'll know exactly what you need. 

Archived