1994 Cobia 176es Monte Carlo

I recently bought this boat it's a 1994 Cobia 176es Monte Carlo I cannot find any information on it the only thing I found was from those brochures that I found off of the lady that was recommended to me from this forum and the 188 es from 95 I believe is the only thing that looks similar to mine but my model is not that. All I'm really trying to figure out if some general information about the boat itself as far as what is where how to access different things and what the five buttons are on the steering wheel or beside it rather.

IMG_20180501_182743590_HDR.jpg

Wouldn't that be nice because I literally don't know anything about this boat I know it has a 75 or 85 horsepower Evinrude motor on the back that is being ran through this week as far as carburetors and whatnot but everything else still looks in good shape couple Patchwork at the bottom I'm going to have looked at as well because I don't know anything about boats more or less but I got this boat for $1,000 I'm hoping I bought pretty good deal on it. If I need parts of such as bilge pumps fuel tank parts and wiring diagram I have literally nothing to go by and I have no idea how to find a manuals and such

Cory, They did not make a 75 H.P. only 70 or 85. 70 has 3 cylinders and the 85 had 4. With regards to accessories and wiring it is all pretty much typical, I.E. a bilge pump can be replaced with one readily available off the shelf, switches as well. I have a feeling you are going to be an expert in no time!

You have got to that and I didn't find anything that I was looking for. Nothing about this boat or Motor. I think your right it was 85. Evinrude. How do you test bilage pump before putting on water?

Cory,  do you know anybody or have any friends that have boating experience that might be willing to spend a few hours with you going over the boat?   Are you in an area where there might be a boating course offered?  Maybe look up to see if there is a USCG Auxilliary group near you that can do a courtesy safety inspection on your boat.  Even a local boat dealer’s service shop, for an hour or two charge, might be willing to go over your boat and check out your systems and explain their operation and repair and replace anything not working. Just thinking out loud.....

Where are you located?

Archived