The wife goes fishing no more!!

Northfl

So last night the wife and i decide to head over to steinhatchee this morning. Up at 4:00 on the road at 4:30. She decides to nap for the two hour drive over there.( the pillow she brought along should have been a dead give away). On the water and fishing throwing gulps and popping corks she hooks up and its a sea bass (short) then her and i proceed to catch the trash fish super slam. 3 short sea bass, two tiny jacks,  sea robin and every ladyfish in all of the oceans. So needless to say i am not having a very good day fishing ( other than being with her) when she yells from the back of the boat “what is this” i dont want to bring this in. Turns out to be a 35”cobia. She immediately hands me the rod and we boat it. On trout gear none the less. 

Not 20 minutes she hooks up another only this one is smaller 29” to the fork. I tell her “ aint no way i am fighting that one, its all yours”” never toom the rod from her and she got him in the boat for a good release. All and all had a great day and yes she will always gonanytime she wants to go

I had a wife that didn't enjoy fishing. Huge problem. I should've known better. But at least I learned my lesson early enough in life to start over. 

Fast forward several years and 80%+ of my fishing days are spent with my girlfriend who is newly addicted to sight fishing. Soon she will be poling me around. Best of all, she loves trying to outfish me and prides herself on catching keepers to keep us fed each eve. I've created a monster! Life is so good :) 

Archived