Sign in to follow this  
Northfl

The wife goes fishing no more!!

I had a wife that didn't enjoy fishing. Huge problem. I should've known better. But at least I learned my lesson early enough in life to start over. 

Fast forward several years and 80%+ of my fishing days are spent with my girlfriend who is newly addicted to sight fishing. Soon she will be poling me around. Best of all, she loves trying to outfish me and prides herself on catching keepers to keep us fed each eve. I've created a monster! Life is so good :) 

I agree i am a very lucky man to have a wife that loves to fish. She doesnt mind cleaning the boat either. Now if i can get over her fear of backing the trailer down and cleaning fish i would really be a fortunate man. 

• Like 1

Never went fishing/boating without wife except if I and my son had a one on one day. even then we both wanted her to come. Miss my fishing buddy so very much. Not the same anymore. :(

You still have the memories, fin. Rejoice in that. Some people never find that or experience the happiness that you had for so many years. 

19 hours ago, conocean said:

You still have the memories, fin. Rejoice in that. Some people never find that or experience the happiness that you had for so many years. 

thank you and that is for sure !!!!!! :)

• Like 1