Minn Kota Quick release on 2400v

Bayou J

Trying to install a MK terrova with the quick release (RTA-17).  The problem is the placement of the puck (little square that stays on deck).  The 2 front screws look like they will go right into joint of deck - hull otherwise shaft will block anchor locker and or the popup bow cleat.  The puck has to be 1-2" away from pop-up to allow using an anchor with the motor on deck.  I've measured and looked and can't figure out if hole(s) would be behind rubrail and could be thru bolted and hidden... No guts to drill yet... Even looked at flipping the mount to try to move puck back but that also creates same issues for different holes.  Anyone out there dealt with this?  I've seen some pictures on 2200's & even 2400 but can't tell if the puck is thru bolted and holes are between hull and rubrail or even if thru bolted.. The old mount was for motorguide and could work but needs the female mount to be 2-3 inches longer... any ideas? Thanks

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, Bayou J said:

.. The old mount was for motorguide and could work but needs the female mount to be 2-3 inches longer...

If the old mount would work why not just use that and make a new female plate?  I switch from MK to MG and left the puck and just cut new female so I would not have to do more drilling/patching.  They are simple to make or I'm sure there is someone out there that sells them already made.

Rocketman,

If you could send pictures... especially where you moved bow cleat.... That was my concern if I put puck where I was sure holes would be behind rubrail it was against the cleat... which then I realized no way to wrap anchor line....

I can do so so cutting n routing... but to make a female base requires very tight tolerances to make a tight fit....  

thanks

JP

Just did the same

forward bolts went thru the hull behind rub rail, made an aluminum barstock backer plate on underside and double nutted. Rear screws I used the mk self tightening rubber grommets with no way to mount it through the deck. Did not trust the aluminum plate only that is made in the boat. Cleared the clear with no issues when motor is on the boat.

82B72B68-50FF-4113-B97A-1686CAE57D2B.jpeg

Pics per request - the bow cleat will need to have one of the holes filled and re-drilled at an angle for puck clearance - haven't done that on my boat yet. Back holes were thru drilled and bolted using fender washers. Front holes thru drilled thru hull and cap as shown in the first pic. If you have a back "spot face", use it as it will give you full washer contact on the forward holes. Good luck with the install.

rm

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

IMG_2320.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

Archived