WTB Pathfinder 22 or 24

justfish

Well I’m coming to the realization that mine isn’t coming back so I’m on the hunt. Since I wasn’t prepared for this, I’m honestly not exactly sure what I want.

I’d prefer another 22 for budgeting, momma wants the 24 so who am I to argue. I am kinda open to anything now.  Only real requirement is I don’t want a project as I have too many of those in my life.  

Please post up any leads on newer models of these (or even other equivalent brands). Thank you

I guess 50k ish for the right boat.  I don’t know honestly as I wasn’t expecit this.  Smart play would prob be to stay below that but I was planning on upgrading in a few years so maybe do it now...

anyone know if and when they quit using uncoated aluminum tanks in the 2400?  I think they are coating them now but don’t know when they started 

4 hours ago, conocean said:

Enjoy the journey of getting a replacement Pathy but please don't buy another one before you buy a quality wheel lock!! 

Noted. Figuring an upgraded coupler lock, wheel lock, some lighting and cameras and me now sleeping right above it with a nice lil surprise for em should help keep this one around. 

Just like lifting our house will ensure St auggie never floods again, doing all that should keep em away 

4 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

This one is just down the street from me, happy to look it over if you are interested.  

Thanks guys but really wanting one with another t top so that would put that way outta range I think once I added it 

For what its worth, I'd look hard at a 24.  I went through this a few years ago and decided the extra room was worth it for the kids.  I don't regret it.  I don't think there is noticeable handling or draft differences from the 22.  When I get wife and kids with 3 bags of towels, snacks, a paddle board, etc I still have room for a few rods and some tackle.  Just a bit harder to find a 24 but be patient and willing to drive.

Are you still in the market? I am selling our 24' Pathfinder its a little older than what you were looking for. Its a 2000 very clean very dependable. Trailer pictures can be sent a later time. It is an aluminum dual axle trailer will have all four new tires at the time of sale. Boat has been in covered storage all its life. $22,500.00 

P.S. This is my first time on a public forum sorry in advance if I am breaking some sort of public forum etiquette.

IMG_9526.JPG

IMG_9528.JPG

IMG_9529.JPG

IMG_9530.JPG

IMG_9531.JPG

IMG_9532.JPG

IMG_9533.JPG

IMG_9535.JPG

Hi Justfish, I just sent you a PM.  I just bought a new boat and I am about to put my 2008 22' XL tournament up for sale.  It has a 250hp Yamaha and is loaded.  Excellent condition and also has Ameratrail trailer.  Let me know if you are interested.  Thanks, Rich

Had some big budget changes wrapping up the house so went a lil route. Everything Pathfinder wise I was finding similar $ as I was getting for my pathy had older power I was trying to avoid and /or needed all the work I just put into mine and I just don’t have the energy to do it right now.  I needed something simple and reliable to get the boy on the water ...

I found this Bulls Bay 2200 owned by an older couple and only had 140hrs. I always loved the Sea Pro hull this is popped off of and it seems Bulls Bay is building them right. I had read tons of great stuff on the merc 150 when I was thinking of repowering and this one has the platinum warranty til summer of 2021. It goes in this week for powerpole and ipilot and all in, I shouldn’t be out much more than a couple grand for a practically new boat with still over 3 years of warranty on motor. Only used it a couple times but so far very impressed with it  

I’ve owed a MBC boat in one form or another since my rookie year as fireman 15 years ago. It does kinda feel like I’m cheating on my wife or something going different brand, but I had to remind myself I didn’t really ask for this and I think I made right decision. 

C5BD48CE-A42E-4DBB-B806-8B6584666116.jpeg

19 hours ago, 16bayfisher said:

Congrats, I've heard a lot of good things about Bulls Bay they're a local SC company built by Pioneer/Avenger.  

Me too. Between Bulls Bay and the 150 merc, I couldn’t find much of anything bad on either of them so took at shot 

It really reminds me of my bayfisher being little more simple and no frillls which is fine by me. 

Archived