TH Marine Hatch

FLDXT

So apparently you can't purchase these for our boats anywhere in the world including directly from TH, been talking to them all day and they couldn't even locate somebody that could sell me one, odd marketing strategy. Anyway, they said they will be on their website in 4 weeks for sale, doesnt help me as I need one now. Anybody have a line on these from some of bootlegger or mystery source? Apparently you could buy a kilo of coke easier than this hatch.

https://thmarinesupplies.com/products/designer-series-hatches-removable

What size do you need? I looked for one of those hatches for a while and the Jim Black was recommended to me. 11x23 I believe. I installed it, left it on deck and it must have blown out of boat. Ordered a new one and boat was stolen. Was just about to send it back but maybe it works for you. 

SUPER heavy duty and waterproof 

2079A67F-93A2-40FA-94D7-68B6CED3D5A1.png

I thought T-H Marine had discontinued that line of hatches.  That’s good if they are offering them again.  

Master Repair in Stuart installed mine.  You could check to see if they have any left in stock.

Just an fyi, the jim black 11x23 doesnt look like its gonna fit in the splashwell of a 17ma. It looks like the edges of the frames are going to hang over the edge of the splashwell drains and not be sealed. Dont think I can creative with it. It is a darn nice hatch, well built and rock solid.

12 hours ago, FLDXT said:

Just an fyi, the jim black 11x23 doesnt look like its gonna fit in the splashwell of a 17ma. It looks like the edges of the frames are going to hang over the edge of the splashwell drains and not be sealed. Dont think I can creative with it. It is a darn nice hatch, well built and rock solid.

The Jim Black hatch you can order from Greatlakesskipper.com they have different sizes. Believe  I have 11x17 or close to that in my MA.

3 hours ago, hurricane said:

The Jim Black hatch you can order from Greatlakesskipper.com they have different sizes. Believe  I have 11x17 or close to that in my MA.

I'll have to check, didnt see one that size on there but I'll check. The 23 is definitely too big for the ma.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to get this one my 2003 2200.  Are there any concerns with the structural integrity of the boat with this installed?  I've got a 225 hanging off the back...

Great thread btw - would love more pictures of the install from Justfish.  

Looks great, i imagine getting to the bilge and other spots are MUCH easier now. 

Did you install or someone else?  If you, what was the level of difficulty?  I can't image it's too bad other than cutting the fiberglass in the correct spot.  

Lastly, is it water tight?  My screw on circle lid doesn't keep water out very well...which would be another reason to change to this design.  

1 hour ago, Mik said:

I'd love to get this one my 2003 2200.  Are there any concerns with the structural integrity of the boat with this installed?  I've got a 225 hanging off the back...

Great thread btw - would love more pictures of the install from Justfish.  

I dont believe so, this jim black hatch is stout. I have one available, still in the plastic, measured wrong for my 17MA, should fit perfect on the 22 path. I just need the size smaller.

33 minutes ago, Mik said:

Looks great, i imagine getting to the bilge and other spots are MUCH easier now. 

Did you install or someone else?  If you, what was the level of difficulty?  I can't image it's too bad other than cutting the fiberglass in the correct spot.  

Lastly, is it water tight?  My screw on circle lid doesn't keep water out very well...which would be another reason to change to this design.  

Master Repair in Stuart installed it.  But an install is straight forward.  The only variable is what you use to make the cut.  If I had done it, I would have used a hand jig saw.  I don't know what Master Repair used.  Mine has remained watertight after two years.  IMHO, it should be the first upgrade on any of the older 2200's for access to the bilge!

27 minutes ago, Mik said:

Did the 225 make a big impact in performance of the boat?  Curious what the difference is versus the 150...or at least from the perspective of going up on HP. 

It was like I bought a new boat!  I was very happy with the 150, but after a buddy bought a new 2400 with an F300, and zoomed around on his boat at 40 and 45 mph, it lit a fire in me.  The fire kept burning until a steal of a deal came up online on a new 225 SHO  early last year.  And I jumped all over it.  It was a 43 or 44 mph top end boat with the F150, and now with just me, I can see 55  to 56 mph anytime.  It is like driving a sports car now with the get up and go!  If I am in a hurry, I can cruise at 45 mph, and I have run 20 miles down the ICW at close to 50 mph......grinning all the way!   It has been worth every penny!

That's what I thought.  When i bought mine, I looked specifically for the 225HP on back for those reasons.  I'm running a 4 blade 22" prop and getting 57MPH with the T-top.  Love having the speed- especially when bad weather starts to creep in.

Hope to see you on the water, I'm out of Bolivar - Seaver's Cove.  

On 5/23/2018 at 1:58 PM, FLDXT said:

I dont believe so, this jim black hatch is stout. I have one available, still in the plastic, measured wrong for my 17MA, should fit perfect on the 22 path. I just need the size smaller.

What color is the cover?

Archived