Back in an HPX-V

Mogan Master

After running an IBW Morada 22 for the past two years, I'm back in my happy place with an HPX-V. My previous HPX-V was a 2013 build that included a 115xs. The new (to me) HPX-V is a 2014 with a 150SHO.

I'm happy to be back in the MBG family and look forward to participating in the forum. 

Screenshot_20180426-181425.jpg

On 5/1/2018 at 12:31 PM, Wanaflatsfish said:

what numbers are you doing with the 150?  Prop? It has to be a smoker at the top end?

dc

#'s from yesterday, and I will update within a week after I spin a bravo and trophy 21p 4 blade props I have along with a 3 blade that came with the purchase. 

Conditions: 10-15 mph winds

Prop Merc Tempest + 23p (avg condition w/ 150hrs + on it)

Speed: 55mph @ 5200 rpms

Factors: topped off fuel tank, 2 passengers (<300lbs combined), 65qt cooler with drinks and ice, empty livewell, 2 rods and extra light gear. 

At only 5200 rpm’s, it probably is not even making it’s rated HP!   I think the general rule is 1 inch of pitch for every 200 rpm’s.  Sounds like you need at LEAST 2 inches less pitch,  and 3 inches sounds more better!:D

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2018 at 2:03 PM, Mogan Master said:

#'s from yesterday, and I will update within a week after I spin a bravo and trophy 21p 4 blade props I have along with a 3 blade that came with the purchase. 

Conditions: 10-15 mph winds

Prop Merc Tempest + 23p (avg condition w/ 150hrs + on it)

Speed: 55mph @ 5200 rpms

Factors: topped off fuel tank, 2 passengers (<300lbs combined), 65qt cooler with drinks and ice, empty livewell, 2 rods and extra light gear. 

From what I have read about the HPX-V 18, mounting the 150 SHO in the second bolt hole from the top makes a "night and day" difference on performance.  Here's a link to a previous thread on the same subject that should be helpful:

Archived