Mogan Master

Back in an HPX-V

15 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Congrats!

Thank you, sir! I enjoyed the Morada but the HPX allows me to fish the areas I prefer year round no matter the tide. And that's muy importante......

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mogan Master said:

HPX-V is a 2014 with a 150SHO.

what numbers are you doing with the 150?  Prop? It has to be a smoker at the top end?

dc

8 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

what numbers are you doing with the 150?  Prop? It has to be a smoker at the top end?

dc

I'm traveling for work and will report back after the weekend. I have a few different props to try. 

13 hours ago, JnamJnam said:

Awesome! I saw that boat at Fort Myers Marine. Knew it wouldn't last long!

I agree. Truthfully I was not in the market, but just couldn't pass it up. 

On 5/1/2018 at 12:31 PM, Wanaflatsfish said:

dc

#'s from yesterday, and I will update within a week after I spin a bravo and trophy 21p 4 blade props I have along with a 3 blade that came with the purchase. 

Conditions: 10-15 mph winds

Prop Merc Tempest + 23p (avg condition w/ 150hrs + on it)

Speed: 55mph @ 5200 rpms

Factors: topped off fuel tank, 2 passengers (<300lbs combined), 65qt cooler with drinks and ice, empty livewell, 2 rods and extra light gear. 

18 hours ago, Mogan Master said:

Seems like a bit low on the RPMs'....my F150 had revlimter at 6200....

With that much pitch, how was hole shot?   I'd suspect you want to go down quite a bit on the pitch for a better hole shot?

dc

• Like 1

At only 5200 rpm’s, it probably is not even making it’s rated HP!   I think the general rule is 1 inch of pitch for every 200 rpm’s.  Sounds like you need at LEAST 2 inches less pitch,  and 3 inches sounds more better!:D

• Like 1

Try a yamaha pro series M-23 . That thing should turn the 23 pitch yamaha proseries  5900 to 6100 RPM .  It may be worth your time to try and find one to test . 

On 5/5/2018 at 2:03 PM, Mogan Master said:

#'s from yesterday, and I will update within a week after I spin a bravo and trophy 21p 4 blade props I have along with a 3 blade that came with the purchase. 

Conditions: 10-15 mph winds

Prop Merc Tempest + 23p (avg condition w/ 150hrs + on it)

Factors: topped off fuel tank, 2 passengers (<300lbs combined), 65qt cooler with drinks and ice, empty livewell, 2 rods and extra light gear. 

From what I have read about the HPX-V 18, mounting the 150 SHO in the second bolt hole from the top makes a "night and day" difference on performance.  Here's a link to a previous thread on the same subject that should be helpful: