WTB Pathfinder 20' (or POSSIBLY trade for my Master Angler)

TellMeWhen

8 hours ago, justfish said:

I’m in St Aug if you wanted me to look at that 20 I could prob stop by there Friday or Sat 

Thanks justfish - awfully nice of you, but this one is off the list.  It's at a dealer and they offered to take a deposit to hold the boat until I could get there in person, but otherwise haven't responded to any of my questions or haven't been willing to send me any other pictures, so I'm moving on. 

3 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Your 18.5 looks darn near perfect...hard to believe you will find a 20VPF in better shape at a decent price.....see if you can find a way to understand what your wife will find different about he 20V vs your MA18? Shade? Get a rear top.....seating, you could add a "throne like I did on my MA17- see the posts, it great"....I'm going to be putting a umbrella holder in mine...

trailer...you will be hard set to find a nicer trailer than the one you have....new ameratrail is $5K or so....all in....with a folding....F150....will run forever.....

I know a happy wife - happy life..but, your skiff is a class and a 20PF is nice, but, your skiff will be hard to replicate for the $$$$ in an older model PF....off soap box.

dc

Thanks dc - 

Our history with trying different boats is a long one, but I was really fortunate / lucky to get this MA, and I know it's a good one to keep forever.  We will see.  The ride is awesome, but my wife likes some gunnel when fishing, plus standing / leaning post as opposed to sitting on the water when underway.  Especially when in heavy traffic or ugly water.  Plus, on good days, we do really like to get offshore and troll.  I know a bay boat would make her happy, as we had one before.  Backwater one moment, run outside the next, in comfort.  As we approach our 50's, comfort seems to be winning out.  

I'm going to look hard at 22's as well.  But since I want a 4 stroke and at least 200HP on the 22', that will likely price me out.  Most I am finding in a decent price range are older with high hour HPDI's and 150's.  I'm going to look around though and see what happens.  My thought with the 20', as opposed to the 22', was that it would be a tad easier for me to handle alone and also store, plus get the F150 as good power at a still decent price.  I may be totally off-base with that thinking...  

I am familiar with that dealership and not surprised. 

I wouldn’t be hesitant to buy a 22 with a 150. I had a 150 Vmax on mine and never longed for more. My neighbor (and former forum member ) had the 2200 with the f200 and there is little to any difference in performance. The F150 is proven and rumored to be more that 150, the F200 is rumored to be less than advertised. I don’t have any factual data to back it it, but in my experience it seems true. 

1 minute ago, justfish said:

I am familiar with that dealership and not surprised. 

I wouldn’t be hesitant to buy a 22 with a 150. I had a 150 Vmax on mine and never longed for more. My neighbor (and former forum member ) had the 2200 with the f200 and there is little to any difference in performance. The F150 is proven and rumored to be more that 150, the F200 is rumored to be less than advertised. I don’t have any factual data to back it it, but in my experience it seems true. 

Thank you that is helpful I was concerned about being underpowered.  But most of the time, it's just me and my wife on the boat.  I do love the F150.  I've owned a few now.  Awesome motor...

8 hours ago, justfish said:

I wouldn’t be hesitant to buy a 22 with a 150.

It's all about the prop...I had a 22PF 2005 with a f150....the key is an OFX17 ported 3/8 4 blade for hole shot.

top end 40-42...hole shot - one boat length, light load.

go to power tech props and my video is on the site for hole shot with my daughter :)

dc

Geez it took me forever to get registration approval!  PM Sent!!  I don't think you realize what you have, or maybe you do and just can't avoid it.  You have a rare gem in that MA, especially with the side console and 4 stroke, and it is indeed the last year it was built.  DON'T GET RID OF IT!!  

OK, now that I have a clear conscience, if you decide to part with your MA I want it.  If I find you a Pathfinder that you and your wife approve and arrange to get it to you, or even pick it up and bring it myself, will you sell me your MA?

PM sent with my information and a few prospects.  

I had a Hewes Lappy for 11 years and sold it to get a bay boat. With how I use my boat, I feel the Pathfinder is by far the most versatile for the Keys, fishing off beach, diving, water sports, family etc. so I haven’t looked back.  That said, I would have a real hard time letting that boat go.

I also went by and looked over the yellow 20’. Its in decent shape. If your still interested PM me

On 5/5/2018 at 9:44 AM, MontyFisher said:

Geez it took me forever to get registration approval!  PM Sent!!  I don't think you realize what you have, or maybe you do and just can't avoid it.  You have a rare gem in that MA, especially with the side console and 4 stroke, and it is indeed the last year it was built.  DON'T GET RID OF IT!!  

OK, now that I have a clear conscience, if you decide to part with your MA I want it.  If I find you a Pathfinder that you and your wife approve and arrange to get it to you, or even pick it up and bring it myself, will you sell me your MA?

PM sent with my information and a few prospects.  

PM sent.  Nothing is 100% but I may sell outright.  I'm looking at a few options and would consider yours as well.  Thanks again.

On 5/5/2018 at 2:30 PM, justfish said:

I had a Hewes Lappy for 11 years and sold it to get a bay boat. With how I use my boat, I feel the Pathfinder is by far the most versatile for the Keys, fishing off beach, diving, water sports, family etc. so I haven’t looked back.  That said, I would have a real hard time letting that boat go.

I also went by and looked over the yellow 20’. Its in decent shape. If your still interested PM me

Thanks justfish.  PM sent.

I have been searching for a newer Master Angler.  Yours is exactly what I am looking for.  Where are you located?  It sounds like I may be late to the party but will you sell it outright?  I'm no tire kicker or dreamer - I can pay cash immediately.  I messaged you my email. Cody 

Thank you everyone.  I got more inquiries on the MA than I did on leads for a Pathy, but nonetheless, I have some good prospects and a few in particular that I am closing in on.  I have not decided on selling the MA so for now, I am holding on to it.  That may change and if it does, I will come back here and post a new 'for sale' ad before putting it on Craigslist or anywhere else.  Thanks again. 

Archived