WTB Pathfinder 20' (or POSSIBLY trade for my Master Angler)

TellMeWhen

Looking for a clean Pathfinder 2000 with 150 HP Yamaha power, preferably indoor stored.  I'm in SW Florida.  Please PM me if you know of any hitting the market.  I'm an easy cash buyer.  Thx!

Edit:  After some thought I might be willing to trade my 2007 Master Angler 18.5 (with an F150) for the right Pathfinder.  I really planned to never get rid of it but am not sure I want two boats either, so I will CONSIDER it if that interests anyone with a clean Pathfinder.  Please PM me if interested and let me know what you have.

On the Pathfinder, I'm looking for NO t-top.  I should have mentioned that as I got a PM asking me that question.  Also, I will indeed need a trailer hopefully included or priced accordingly if not. My MA has an AmeraTrail and I've really come to appreciate a good trailer.  Thx gents

TRUE Hurricane - except, make my wife happy.  That is the difference.   We owned a 22' pathy for years and I never should have sold it.  The MA ride is better, it's not even close, but my wife just doesn't like sitting on the boat rather than being in it.  If I can find a 20' now it would be great for us and since I love the MA - it's amazing - I will likely keep it anyways.  But I want to keep an open mind for the right boat and making my wife happy.  She spends more time on the boat with me than anyone else and a bay boat is simply better for when she is with me, so that wins out in the end.    

52 minutes ago, TellMeWhen said:

TRUE Hurricane - except, make my wife happy.  That is the difference.   We owned a 22' pathy for years and I never should have sold it.  The MA ride is better, it's not even close, but my wife just doesn't like sitting on the boat rather than being in it.  If I can find a 20' now it would be great for us and since I love the MA - it's amazing - I will likely keep it anyways.  But I want to keep an open mind for the right boat and making my wife happy.  She spends more time on the boat with me than anyone else and a bay boat is simply better for when she is with me, so that wins out in the end.    

All right, well there is one place the Pathy can win over the MA. That with the wife! Good luck with your search. 

Exactly justfish - simply storage issues, but also cost somewhat.  I really like the F150, but it wouldn't be my first choice on the 22'.  So cost also becomes a factor with the 22' and good power, but you are right - there are so many more out there.  I'm not ruling it out.  I could figure out how to store the 22' if I had to, so that's an option if I can't find a good 20.

I had some PMs over-night wanting more info on my MA and pics.  I just recently bought the MA late last year from a retired gent.  Always garage stored with swing tongue.  It has just under 800 hours on the F150.  It has the small side / offset console and is pretty loaded out.  Year is 2007 which I think may be the last year made ?, but I could be wrong.  Here are a few pictures.  No tire kickers please but if you are serious please PM me with your email address and I can email you more pics and information in exchange for the same from you.  I am definitely not 100% on willing to trade, and it just totally depends on the boat and circumstances.  Thx gents and again please PM with email and I will contact you directly.  Maverick10.thumb.JPG.810147a173bbb5acd69d455f146719bf.JPGMaverick24.thumb.JPG.a5cb17d8160537fcfa5c5ca6172ec656.JPGMaverick28.thumb.JPG.0ff40d711a707ceacac54c5082e6b8e0.JPG

50 minutes ago, TellMeWhen said:

I had some PMs over-night wanting more info on my MA and pics.  I just recently bought the MA late last year from a retired gent.  Always garage stored with swing tongue.  It has just under 800 hours on the F150.  It has the small side / offset console and is pretty loaded out.  Year is 2007 which I think may be the last year made ?, but I could be wrong.  Here are a few pictures.  No tire kickers please but if you are serious please PM me with your email address and I can email you more pics and information in exchange for the same from you.  I am definitely not 100% on willing to trade, and it just totally depends on the boat and circumstances.  Thx gents and again please PM with email and I will contact you directly.  Maverick10.thumb.JPG.810147a173bbb5acd69d455f146719bf.JPGMaverick24.thumb.JPG.a5cb17d8160537fcfa5c5ca6172ec656.JPGMaverick28.thumb.JPG.0ff40d711a707ceacac54c5082e6b8e0.JPG

Man, that is a fine looking 18.  I absolutely love the side / guide console.  My old 19 Hoog was set up like that.  Makes the cockpit feel huge.  Hopefully you find what you want and still get to keep her.  I agree, the MA has a superior ride to a Pathfinder.

7 hours ago, mdemott said:

Have you looked at the COBIA 21, Bulls Bay, or SKEETER. All great bay boats and are YAMAHA powered?

I agree with first two. Cobia 21 and the bulls Bay 2200 are very nice boats for the $ 

Nothing against the skeeter just not familiar with them. 

Thanks for the comments guys.   justfish, I called about that one yesterday and it's sold - he just didn't take down the ad yet.  Sure looked like a clean one but I missed it. 

Mdemott - not familiar will those but will check them out, thank you.  Also had someone recommend the 20' Shearwater, so I will check those out as well.

Thanks again all.

3 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

That's not Justfish's stolen Pathy is it??   

WOW sorry justfish I had no idea you had a boat stolen.  I'm not on this site often and just came back on to post what I was looking for.  I assume this is not the same boat, but again, very sorry to hear the news.

13 hours ago, TellMeWhen said:

Thanks for the comments guys.   justfish, I called about that one yesterday and it's sold - he just didn't take down the ad yet.  Sure looked like a clean one but I missed it. 

Mdemott - not familiar will those but will check them out, thank you.  Also had someone recommend the 20' Shearwater, so I will check those out as well.

Thanks again all.

I think k I saw one on the Hull Truth. Had a friend that had a Shearwater and loved it. Only sold it to buy a 36 ft SeaVee to chase sails and dolphin off shore.

On 4/30/2018 at 6:47 PM, hurricane said:

I'm gonna tell you,  you will regret that move.  I went from a 22 pathy to an 18MA, the MA is a better all around boat.  The MA rides better,  and there is nothing a 20 pathy can do that an MA can't.  

Agreed. I can't speak for the 18.5, but I have had a 20' PF with a 150 and a 22' TE. Now in a 21MA and it Rides better than the others. IMO if you want a 20' PF just get a 22 you will be happier.

cheers

Thanks I am also looking at the 22's now too, trying to keep an open mind.  I think I can fit it where I need to, and there are more to look at.  Opinions on a 22' with an F150?  Underpowered?  I had a 2002 22' for years but it had the 200 HPDI which was plenty for me.

Your 18.5 looks darn near perfect...hard to believe you will find a 20VPF in better shape at a decent price.....see if you can find a way to understand what your wife will find different about he 20V vs your MA18? Shade? Get a rear top.....seating, you could add a "throne like I did on my MA17- see the posts, it great"....I'm going to be putting a umbrella holder in mine...

trailer...you will be hard set to find a nicer trailer than the one you have....new ameratrail is $5K or so....all in....with a folding....F150....will run forever.....

I know a happy wife - happy life..but, your skiff is a class and a 20PF is nice, but, your skiff will be hard to replicate for the $$$$ in an older model PF....off soap box.

dc

Archived