2200 with T-Top, VMax 250HP, 4 Stroke, What Prop?

JerryM

Just hung a 250hp 4 stroke and needing to know if anyone else is set up like this would like some prop advice.  It is a 2015 motor with a 19" OX4, 4 blade, not sure pitch.   Ran it yesterday got about 5600 RPM and saw 56mph on the GPS.  

Thanks,  I was thinking 5600 was on the bottom side, I will take it to the prop shop and see what they can do and tweek it.   I was quite a difference from the 150hp to the 250hp, almost scary at top end.   The hole shot, well you better be hanging on. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 11:17 AM, JEM said:

Did you find a new 2015 SHO,  or is it a used motor?  Yes, the SHO is one torquey motor!  I love my 225!  

I found a guide out of Matagorda that switches out every 2 years, some incentive program the motor manufacturers give them.   They think the customers will eventually buy a boat, unless they are smarter than us, and good chance they will remember the guide and his boat?????.   But anyway got this from him, still has factory warranty, expensive but it is a lot newer than my 2006 and hopefully a lot more life.   I am now powdercoating all my aluminum and re-upholstering, it was all original.  It is a lot cheaper than  a new one, and I love the hull.   After selling my motor, which brought quick response and a sale, must of priced it too low, but did not want to mess around with it, the difference was about $7,500.   Still have not got to play with it, doing all the other stuff since I have in my shop.    Not big on the big weekend coming up, too many people, but I might try and slip down before it all starts.  

Archived