Speaker placement on 93 Bonefisher 16

leftcoastangler

Anyone know if you can mount speakers in the area to the left of the "Hewes" logo pictured below?  I have two 7.7 JL audio speakers that I'd like to mount there.  The guy doing my restoration said they can't be mounted because the gas tank would be behind them and I'm guessing maybe space is limited.  I know the tank is there, but do any of you have speakers mounted there on a similar model or know if there's any clearance back there?  I feel like I've seen them there on other older Hewes models.

5ae38d475a547_oldforwarddeck.thumb.JPG.675ae33ef9598d3f834e653e8863ea80.JPG

The tank is only an inch or so behind that bulkhead.  I wanted to mount two 7.7's in the same spot but couldn't.  The only way I could see it being done is having a flase bulkhead made just for the speakers (Expensive).  I ended up mounting both of mine in the seat hatch.  Sounded amazing.  Here is a pic of my old boat.  I mounted the amp inside the seat hatch as well.

IMG_0760.PNG

Figured there wouldn’t be any room.  I don’t mind mounting them where you’ve done your’s, but I think we have slightly different setups.  The area where you’ve mounted your speakers back there on my boat is actually two storage compartments.  Was hoping to mount without sacrificing any of that space.  Gotta do some thinking on this one.

thanks for your feedback and thoughts on it.

Archived