Sign in to follow this  
ChadHouse

1977 master angler

What’s up guys, I just recently purchased a 1977 Berg/Maverick MA 18. So far I love the boat and it rides amazing. Slowly but surely I will work to restore her. 

B30653C0-1107-4F16-AA1D-623117CF1E56.png

7FE7D75C-8203-457E-9179-087EDEBB2CC9.png

6790E0E2-4AD9-4231-8CEC-53119ECACE25.png

E6F914B6-CB73-4F2F-8EE8-24410C6A55C4.png

A51D5D03-4636-4D7B-AC31-27EF9E6BAAD9.png

DBB0E72B-6A49-462E-9CE0-62FA42FF8CF8.png

DA4DCBF9-3734-416D-BF2F-7254721A2C8F.png

305F0D82-9B11-4351-8652-13E54B87F0F9.jpeg

• Like 2

Sign me up for this one - looking forward to watching the progress!   Looks like you are starting with a solid boat to begin with, and that hull is going to ruin you for life.   Once you own an MA/Berg, you'll never be happy with anything else!  ;)

• Like 1

Haha thank you. Probably going to be a long restoration. I’m a 22 year old graduating from college in a couple weeks so needless to say, money is a little tight. 

• Like 1

Just keep her floating.   Plenty of time left in her.   And as good as she looks, she may not need as much TLC as you think.  She'll definitely let you know when its time, though.  Ask me how I know!

On 12/31/2018 at 1:57 PM, Wanaflatsfish said:

Send a note to Ray Ayers at MHP.

c

Thanks! I was actually able to get in contact with Flip Pallot who informed me that the boat weights between 750-800 lbs and that no wood was used in its construction. 

You also should reach out to Billythekid on here.  He did a total restore of a 77 Berg and can probably tell you a lot.  there is a build thread on here.

my boat does not load or unload very easily due to it being on a double axle trailer that is meant for a deeper V boat. Does anyone know if there is any trailer builder that makes a generic trailer for an 18ft MA? 

On 1/13/2019 at 7:18 PM, ChadHouse said:

my boat does not load or unload very easily due to it being on a double axle trailer that is meant for a deeper V boat. Does anyone know if there is any trailer builder that makes a generic trailer for an 18ft MA? 

Easy Loader - I have one for my 17MA $$

Continental very good $$$

Ameritrail, Rolls, other high end $$$$

any good manuf will have one that fits, you just have to adjust the bunks unless its a customer like ameritrail

Costs - EL 3500 / Con / 4000 / AT and others 5K +

DC

Kind of a crazy question, but do y’all think I would be able to refit my current trailer (originally intended for a deeper v boat) into something more suited for a flats boat? 

2 hours ago, ChadHouse said:

Kind of a crazy question, but do y’all think I would be able to refit my current trailer (originally intended for a deeper v boat) into something more suited for a flats boat? 

Anything is possible...just how well will it launch ??? Post some specific pics and I'm sure others can jump in with ideas.

Normally, you'll be happier with a trailer that is fit for the skiff....sell the current and upgrade...remember, you can't go fishing without the trailer :) it's over 50% of the entire trip....broken axle, etc. etc. and you are not going fishing.....i replaced my axle this last year...best decision i made...i feel good about running down the road t 65mph at 0430 am.

dc