Yeti Cooler Challenge

conocean

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason, We ARE trying to bash bay boats, we are just disagreeing over HOW.  Guns or no guns.  

did you misunderstand this thread to be an academic pissing contest between conservatives, liberals, and moderates???  

Sheesh, man, it was on line 64 of post 82 on page 31.  

Pay attention!!

13 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Jason, We ARE trying to bash bay boats, we are just disagreeing over HOW.  Guns or no guns.  

did you misunderstand this thread to be an academic pissing contest between conservatives, liberals, and moderates???  

Sheesh, man, it was on line 64 of post 82 on page 31.  

Pay attention!!

I'm loaded for bear (I have bear shot in all my guns!) when it comes time for the superior bay boat vs inferior flats boat debate!!!!!  Make my day!!!!!!   Do you feel lucky????   LOL

2 minutes ago, JEM said:

I'm loaded for bear (I have bear shot in all my guns!) when it comes time for the superior bay boat vs inferior flats boat debate!!!!!  Make my day!!!!!!   Do you feel lucky????   LOL

Jem, we might agree on gun rights, but when it comes to boats, you know full well that my Master Angler is way better than your Pathfinder, even with a broken stringer and a mothballed hull mold.  

Dont make me challenge you to a duel.  Ain't skeered.

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

Jem, we might agree on gun rights, but when it comes to boats, you know full well that my Master Angler is way better than your Pathfinder, even with a broken stringer and a mothballed hull mold.  

Dont make me challenge you to a duel.  Ain't skeered.

I refuse to take advantage of a flats rat who is involuntarily on the hard!   I guess I'm just a softie!

But, I hope you have it worked out with the shop to take plenty of progress pictures to post here.  I enjoy build and renovation threads more than any other type threads! 

9 hours ago, Drummer said:

So, is anybody up for loading a Yeti 45 with about 10 pounds of tannerite, backing off a couple hundred yards, and shooting it???  I bet it would make a big bang! 

First it was the kurug's now it's yeti's!  you all are making some very expensive points.

7 hours ago, JEM said:

Actually, you must have overlooked one sentence in my post where I said:  "The wise,  old timey men provided for that possibility also."  I was talking about the ability to change and amend the Constitution.

Actually, and very importantly, you are also wrong in your statement that reads "That's why Congress and the SCOTUS were empowered to interpret and change it."   Congress is NOT empowered to interpret and change it.  As an example, Congress could pass a law that says the 2nd Amendment is no longer the law of the land, and a president could sign the law.  But the law will become "unlaw" and unconstitutional just as soon as the SCOTUS gets the case!  Congress can ONLY propose changes and amendments after passing with a 2/3 majority vote, but those amendments then must be passed by a 3/4 of the states' legislatures (now, 38 of 50 states must ratify either in their legislatures or a convention).  A constitutional convention is the only other means of changing or amending the Constitution.   The SCOTUS is NOT empowered to change it.  SCOTUS can only interpret the Constitution and apply it to existing laws.  

And unless and until the Constitution is changed to take away my right to own guns, in plain language, I will continue to exercise my right. 

So, as you now see, much of your wording above, is exactly, 180 degrees wrong.  And at the same time, I stand by EVERY word in my post you quoted.  There is NOT, respectfully, one word that is incorrect in my post. 

I hope you don't mind, but I highlighted a sentence that you posted.  To your point, why are we not allowed to own fully automatic weapons, howitzers, tanks, and missiles, silencers, bombs, etc. . .  ?  At some point law makers deemed those items to dangerous for the average gun owner to have.  Presumptively it was backed up by the SCOTUS. So have your rights been violated already?  Additionally for about 10 years AR type weapons were banned by congress, and was upheld by the SCOTUS until the law expired in the early 2K's.  Then there was the Brady bill . . did that also infringe on your rights to bear arms?

Guys can we put this to bed? Reading through this thread is like watching a 24 hour news network like MSNBC, Fox or CNN. It’s ok that we disagree, but going back and forth on a boat forum with the hopes of changing someone’s mind in regards to a highly debatable topic such as gun control isn’t who we are or what this forum is.  

In the words of my late grandfather who wouldn’t talk politics with anyone....He said he wouldn’t do it because he doesn’t care what you have to say and you don’t care what he has to say.  That’s kind of what I’m seeing here except we’re talking about it. 

Note: I made a comment early on, and I deleted it. It served no purpose and didn’t help anything. It’s still the Internet....

Nice choice Outlaw..... with all this cooler and gun talk, I had to take mine from my waist and ankle holsters.

I'm more into results than all the talk, the cooler needs to keep ice and the gun needs to shoot multiple times. It's actually pretty simple. JJ

IMG_2075.JPG

Archived