Yeti Cooler Challenge

conocean

I quit the NRA when they originally backed the sale of assault rifles. My choice and my business and if you believe something else you have that right.  After all this is America and we can believe what we choose and say what we choose. Soooo now lets all get back to fishing it’s that time again. Tight lines🎣

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm certainly glad all my cooler products are made by RTIC, wouldn't want to wast my money on an over priced Yetti in my opinion. Being an avid fisherman, hunter, sport shooter and NRA member I don't see how anyone involved in these sport activities could support Yetti anymore.

13 hours ago, jason p said:

Ok, now that this 2nd Ammendment, AR (Armalite Rifle btw), $500 cooler issue is cooling off let's get serious... 

Bilge pumps:o

oh no you didn't

now you are really pissing in peoples cheerios.  Bilge pumps are up there with minn kota vs. motorguide spot lock discussions.   

This thread has been tame by comparison.

Now, I was wondering, is an HPX really better than a Hells Bay?  

In case anyone missed it, the NRA sent out another email over the weekend in regard to YETI, and the NRA hasn't backed down on their previous statement either. The message is simple, "don't destroy your YETI coolers". They cost too much money to destroy to make a statement. They suggest that you put a big "I stand with the NRA" sticker on it instead and keep using it. Let the sticker make the statement. And yes, they are offering free NRA foundation stickers for YETI coolers. 

• 4 weeks later...

When I first started reading this thread I was having trouble following the theme these since our MBG boats come with high performing Engel coolers but then I allowed myself to get sucked in.

My wife and I have been long time NRA members and as such we’ve seen the NRA's propaganda machine do just about anything to stay in the news and stir up controversy.  Many of those Yetis the NRA auctioned off were donated by the company or provided at a significant discount.

We own several Yetis (though we personally prefer our Engels) and my company does a lot of business with Yeti and they have never been anything but professional to work with. I also can understand why it doesn’t serve Yeti any purpose to try to further clarify their policy to an emotional audience or publicly banter with the NRA who thrives on publicly airing their strong opinions rather than work to resolve issues professionally with long term vendors. (Hopefully Engel will stay away from the NRA).

The NRA recently lost us as members as we have seen enough of their bad behavior in recent years. We cut up our NRA cards, wrote them a letter and will no longer renew our memberships.

Thank you MBG for providing a forum for your members to express themselves, now back to boating and the MBG products we love so much.

4 hours ago, GlennF said:

Thank you MBG for providing a forum for your members to express themselves

I am not a member of the NRA and I have never owned a Yeti product.  My Redfisher came with an Engel. It's sturdy, works well, and is more affordable than a Yeti.  I like to fish, hunt, and shoot sporting clays.  But, the Right to Bear Arms is not about sportsman and hunters.  It was intended for citizens to protect themselves against tyranny in government.  The preservation of The Constitution and the 2nd-A, AS IT WAS WRITTEN, IS the single most important thing that all Americans should be concerned about.  There is a very well orchestrated effort under way, to dismantle The Constitution and disarm the American People.  The actors in this production are positioned in all areas of influence, including those who teach our children in public schools and universities, the news media, entertainment and sports, large corporations (global), and all branches of government.  The propaganda machine is running at full throttle and every gun-related event is eagerly used by the mainstream media, for fuel to feed the anti-gun argument.  Anyone who doesn't see it is not well informed, or in denial.  IF the 2nd-A is lost, global despotic control will prevail, free speech and individual liberty will be lost, and the goal of a New World Order will be complete.  There will be two classes of people - the Haves and Have-Nots.  The Middle Class as we know it will become extinct - absorbed into the Have-Nots, without any more opportunity for advancement or pursuit of The American Dream.  Watch the movie "Doctor Zhivago" and you'll get a glimpse of how things will be when citizens are unable to defend themselves.  Nothing will change it forever more, unless God hits the reset button.  Sorry for the dark outlook, but you have to take off the rose colored glasses if you want to see past all the propaganda and deception.  The mainstream media conveniently avoids mentioning that we have a mental health system crisis going on in this country, with a shortage of mental health physicians and proper treatment facilities.  People with mental illness who need care and treatment are released from institutions after 30 days, regardless of their mental health condition.  But of course, instead of keeping crazy people away from guns, the solution is always to put gun restrictions on all citizens.  That's because the completion of the final phase of the Master Plan depends on the elimination of ALL guns currently in the hands of law-abiding American citizens.  Here are some historical quotes from some of our Founding Fathers, and other famous scholars:

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
 keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
 against tyranny in government."
 -- Thomas Jefferson

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace
 alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing
 it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
 -- H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

"Who will govern the governors? There is only one force in the
 nation that can be depended upon to keep the government pure
 and the governors honest, and that is the people themselves.
 They alone, if well informed, are capable of preventing the
 corruption of power, and of restoring the nation to its
 rightful course if it should go astray. They alone are the
 safest depository of the ultimate powers of government"
 -- Thomas Jefferson

"When the people fear their government, there is Tyranny;
 when the government fears the people, there is Liberty."
 -- Thomas Jefferson

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a
 little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
 -- Benjamin Franklin

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for
 the urge to rule."
 -- H.L. Mencken

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
 restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to
 restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our
 lives and interests."
 -- Patrick Henry

"In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of
 confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by
 the chains of the Constitution."
 -- Thomas Jefferson

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is
 that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
 -- Plato

"A Patriot is merely a rebel at the start. In the beginning of
 a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and
 scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then
 it costs nothing to be a patriot."
 -- Mark Twain

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
 -- Edward R. Murrow

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility
 of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,
 go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your
 arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your
 chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that
 ye were our countrymen."
 -- Samuel Adams

"Those who already walk submissively will say there is no
 cause for alarm. But submissiveness is not our heritage. The
 First Amendment was designed to allow rebellion to remain as
 our heritage. The Constitution was designed to keep government
 off the backs of the people. The Bill of Rights was added to
 keep the precincts of belief and expression, of the press, of
 political and social activities free from surveillance. The
 Bill of Rights was designed to keep agents of government and
 official eavesdroppers away from assemblies of people. The aim
 was to allow men to be free and independent and to assert
 their rights against government."
 -- Justice William O. Douglas (Laird v. Tatum, 1972)

42 minutes ago, F1sh0n said:

Who cares if Yeti supports the NRA.  Only 20% of gun owners are members anyhow.  I have multiple guns, and have no desire to join the NRA due to my beliefs on responsible gun ownership.

Excellent point. The presumption that all gun owners are NRA members/supporters is as baseless as the presumption that because someone favors sensible regulation they are a sellout on a Constitutional right.

Absolutism seems to serve some peoples/groups' purposes... so they are happy to stoke it.

well, wait a minute, I think it does matter.   Remove support from an organization that advocates for gun ownership, and you remove support from those who benefit from it, members or not.  

Maybe symbolic, but sure feels like a lot of folks with a lot of power and money want to eliminate the right for everyone else to bear arms.  A lot of those folks advocating for gun control have a lot of security teams that are well armed.  

Funny thing about that.

What some people don't realize is that the ultimate objective of those advocating for gun control is an ulterior motive.  It is not just to "control" so called "assault" weapons.  They utilize what I call the "creeping" philosophy.  A little here, a little there.  If there were still mass shootings, say with pistols, or even auto loading shotguns, after an assault weapon ban, what do you think "gun control" advocates would do then?  They would than be advocating "control" of pistols and shotguns.  The NRA is essentially the only firewall between "total" gun control, through banning, and the rights afforded to US citizens under the 2nd Amendment.    Maybe the NRA screams a little, and seems over the top a little, but I sure as heck pull for their success!!!!!!!   Who else is advocating in an effective manner for our 2nd Amendment right?  Hmmmmm?  The alternative ain't a pretty outcome!

JEM said it best. If the NRA wasn’t there lobbying and fighting to protect our 2nd amendment who would be. To me it is similar  to neglecting to vote then complaining about whoever is running our country. I feel a sense of obligation as a gun owner and stout 2nd amendment supporter to support the NRA by being a mameber. It is a top priority of the liberal left to do away with the second amendment and the NRA is the single most powerful entity preventing that from happening. The fuel behind their power is the amount of money they are able to bring to the table of the Politicians and groups who are also 2nd amendment supporters that will fight/vote favorably to uphold the right to bear arms. I am not running around only using companies that clearly support the NRA. However I will 100% avoid a company that makes it clear that they do not support and are against the NRA. 

1 hour ago, F1sh0n said:

I have to say I disagree.  the NRA at one time was a advocate of responsible gun ownership.  Now they are a advocate of mass ownership.  The NRA is nothing more than a lobbyist of gun manufacturers.

Hmmmmmm, I don't remember the Constitution saying anything about "responsible" gun ownership.  Maybe the effort of the gun control advocates should be to amend, or change, the U.S. Constitution.  Let's just go ahead, and figure out where the country is on gun ownership!!!!!!  PERIOD!!!!! 

You just ignored my comments on how I see liberals working on this issue.  I can promise you that if so called "assault rifles" (which are nothing more than semi auto rifles that look "bad" and maybe have a bigger mag) were banned, and the weapon of choice for mass shootings became pistols, they would then be screaming for "pistol" control.  In fact, just in the last few weeks, I heard more people are killed in mass shootings with pistols than with assault rifles.

To me, the NRA simply represents an equal, and opposite reaction.  You would never hear from the NRA if there wasn't such a loud clamor from the liberals for "gun control."  Give the liberals an inch, and they will snatch a mile!

11 hours ago, JEM said:

Hmmmmmm, I don't remember the Constitution saying anything about "responsible" gun ownership.  Maybe the effort of the gun control advocates should be to amend, or change, the U.S. Constitution.  Let's just go ahead, and figure out where the country is on gun ownership!!!!!!  PERIOD!!!!! 

You just ignored my comments on how I see liberals working on this issue.  I can promise you that if so called "assault rifles" (which are nothing more than semi auto rifles that look "bad" and maybe have a bigger mag) were banned, and the weapon of choice for mass shootings became pistols, they would then be screaming for "pistol" control.  In fact, just in the last few weeks, I heard more people are killed in mass shootings with pistols than with assault rifles.

To me, the NRA simply represents an equal, and opposite reaction.  You would never hear from the NRA if there wasn't such a loud clamor from the liberals for "gun control."  Give the liberals an inch, and they will snatch a mile!

How is gun control a violation of the constitution?  Fine if you want every red blooded American to own a flint lock.  To say a document written 150 years ago is  as accurate today is simply a misnomer.  For instance, imagine if our forefathers saw that the POTUS has disavowed news agencies that are not 100% in lock step with his “facts”.  Imagine if the forefathers saw the discrimination of Muslims being allowed to visit this country, the separation of children from their parents at the border, the way we treat Canada when their mem and women died along side our men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan. 

OK, off my soapbox.  The idea that gun owners should not be responsible simply because it is not noted in the constitution is kind of lame.  As for AR’s, I am more worried about the guy with a .50 cal than a guy with an AR.  I own serveral handguns, rifles, shotguns, and a AR as well as a Barrett .338 Lapua.  I am not a member fo the NRA, and never will be.

The idea that you need a AR for hunting and to defend yourself is ridiculous. You are not going to defeat the gubment with one, so what’s the big deal.

Actually, I believe words mean what they say.....even if drafted nearly 230 years ago.    We are no longer a nation of laws if we can “declare” the Constitution means whatever our little old hearts desire it to mean.  That, sir, is the definition of anarchy.   After all, what did some grumpy, old fashioned, old timey men know some 230 years ago!  Heck, didn’t even have IPhones.....for goodness sakes!  

Actually, I believe if you don’t like a law, you change the law.   You don’t just decide  the law means whatever a group of people declares it to mean, based on their “superior” and “enlightened” and “modern” sensibilities.  The wise, old timey men provided for that possibility also!  

I could get “on” my soapbox, but I will refrain from doing that!    I don’t think the mods would be too keen on that!  LOL. I will just stick to the facts!  

4 hours ago, JEM said:

Actually, I believe words mean what they say.....even if drafted nearly 230 years ago.    We are no longer a nation of laws if we can “declare” the Constitution means whatever our little old hearts desire it to mean.  That, sir, is the definition of anarchy.   After all, what did some grumpy, old fashioned, old timey men know some 230 years ago!  Heck, didn’t even have IPhones.....for goodness sakes!  

Actually, I believe if you don’t like a law, you change the law.   You don’t just decide  the law means whatever a group of people declares it to mean, based on their “superior” and “enlightened” and “modern” sensibilities.  The wise, old timey men provided for that possibility also!  

I could get “on” my soapbox, but I will refrain from doing that!    I don’t think the mods would be too keen on that!  LOL. I will just stick to the facts!  

JEM,  gun rights aside (you and I would agree more than we'd disagree)... you are exactly wrong about the Constitution, and actually about the very nature of our republic.

The Constitution was designed to be amended and interpreted, differently, over time, as the nation changes.

That's why Congress and the SCOTUS were empowered to interpret and change it, which they have done starting two years after it was adopted and as recently as the 1990s!

Quite literally, we do - through our elected officials and their appointed justices - "decide  the law means whatever a group of people declares it to mean."

That is exactly, precisely, specifically how this nation was founded and operates to this moment, thank God, and ironically your wording above is exactly, 180 degrees wrong.

1 hour ago, nicecast said:

JEM,  gun rights aside (you and I would agree more than we'd disagree)... you are exactly wrong about the Constitution, and actually about the very nature of our republic.

The Constitution was designed to be amended and interpreted, differently, over time, as the nation changes.

That's why Congress and the SCOTUS were empowered to interpret and change it, which they have done starting two years after it was adopted and as recently as the 1990s!

Quite literally, we do - through our elected officials and their appointed justices - "decide  the law means whatever a group of people declares it to mean."

That is exactly, precisely, specifically how this nation was founded and operates to this moment, thank God, and ironically your wording above is exactly, 180 degrees wrong.

Actually, you must have overlooked one sentence in my post where I said:  "The wise,  old timey men provided for that possibility also."  I was talking about the ability to change and amend the Constitution.

Actually, and very importantly, you are also wrong in your statement that reads "That's why Congress and the SCOTUS were empowered to interpret and change it."   Congress is NOT empowered to interpret and change it.  As an example, Congress could pass a law that says the 2nd Amendment is no longer the law of the land, and a president could sign the law.  But the law will become "unlaw" and unconstitutional just as soon as the SCOTUS gets the case!  Congress can ONLY propose changes and amendments after passing with a 2/3 majority vote, but those amendments then must be passed by a 3/4 of the states' legislatures (now, 38 of 50 states must ratify either in their legislatures or a convention).  A constitutional convention is the only other means of changing or amending the Constitution.   The SCOTUS is NOT empowered to change it.  SCOTUS can only interpret the Constitution and apply it to existing laws.  

And unless and until the Constitution is changed to take away my right to own guns, in plain language, I will continue to exercise my right. 

So, as you now see, much of your wording above, is exactly, 180 degrees wrong.  And at the same time, I stand by EVERY word in my post you quoted.  There is NOT, respectfully, one word that is incorrect in my post. 

Archived