Yeti Cooler Challenge

conocean

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess it all boils down to the accuracy of one of the girls' claim that "Yeti does not support the NRA."

If that statement is accurate then the free market chips should fall where they may.

If it is inaccurate then a lot of folks are in a tither about nothing, and a company that supports a number of causes important to outdoor enthusiasts has been unfairly maligned.

It will be interesting to see where Yeti really is on this thing.  I don't own a gun at the moment, but nothing makes me want to buy one like having the Gov't seem so eager to eliminate the 2nd amendment.   Gun toter or not, it ought to make everyone a little nervous when the government wants to infringe on a right that was put into the constitution for the EXPRESS purpose of protecting citizens from government tyranny.   A well armed constituency tends to keep our politicians in check. . . 

Just waiting to find out if I need to blow up my Yeti Rambler.  I sure will miss that thing!

8 hours ago, conocean said:

Glad all my coolers and tumblers are made by RTIC.... xD 

I have a Yeti 20 qt cooler and a Yeti tumbler, and I won’t blow up either.  I will err on the side of extreme caution, however, and make sure I don’t acquire any more Yeti products!  Just to be on the safe side!

Seems Yeti has had plenty of time, plenty of time to put closure on this subject. Either they do or they don't support the NRA. Seems to me if they had supported them and now are unfairly accused of not supporting the NRA they would have been all over the news claiming it's false. Being they have said nothing to refute the story I think they have stepped in a pile of poop! My Engle works just fine.

44 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

It will be interesting to see where Yeti really is on this thing.  I don't own a gun at the moment, but nothing makes me want to buy one like having the Gov't seem so eager to eliminate the 2nd amendment.   Gun totter or not, it ought to make everyone a little nervous when the government wants to infringe on a right that was put into the constitution for the EXPRESS purpose of protecting citizens from government tyranny.   A well armed constituency tends to keep our politicians in check. . . 

Just waiting to find out if I need to blow up my Yeti Rambler.  I sure will miss that thing!

The real problem is people making statements such as yours. The Gov’t, as you put it, is not trying to eliminate the 2nd amendment. The whole issue is where do you draw the line. Many guns are already banned or outlawed, but no one generally gets freaked out about them because they are arms that obviously do not belong in public domain. Where the line is drawn will always be controversial, nature of the beast. But making statements about the issue being all or nothing for the 2nd amendment is just inflammatory and wrong.

33 minutes ago, DonV said:

Seems Yeti has had plenty of time, plenty of time to put closure on this subject. Either they do or they don't support the NRA. Seems to me if they had supported them and now are unfairly accused of not supporting the NRA they would have been all over the news claiming it's false. Being they have said nothing to refute the story I think they have stepped in a pile of poop! My Engle works just fine.

Not defending Yeti’s action in anyway, but the fact is that they issued a statement several days ago. It is not a matter of ‘supporting’ the NRA, it is just what their business relationship is that has changed. Their discount programs just happened to be changing now for many organizations that they do business with. No conspiracies to deal with here, guess that must disappoint many of you.

E143DEE3-3393-4EEB-97A2-C2CFD8C6AF59.jpeg

I tend to think that Yeti is bowing to the PC end of the spectrum.  They had to know what they were doing when they did it.  And they had to know that this kind of news would spread like wildfire among the hunting population.  And they had to know that no matter how the news came out, and how NRA would respond to it, and how Yeti would respond to it, the hunting fraternity and gun owners in general will only see it in a very narrow light........anti gun!   It was entirely calculated.   The damage has been done!   

57 minutes ago, NCTribute said:

The real problem is people making statements such as yours. The Gov’t, as you put it, is not trying to eliminate the 2nd amendment. The whole issue is where do you draw the line. Many guns are already banned or outlawed, but no one generally gets freaked out about them because they are arms that obviously do not belong in public domain. Where the line is drawn will always be controversial, nature of the beast. But making statements about the issue being all or nothing for the 2nd amendment is just inflammatory and wrong.

No, the real problem is people making statements such as yours.  :)  

Everyone is allowed to believe what they want and businesses are allowed to discontinue and/or change programs as they see fit last time I checked. BUT....if Yeti was doing away with a group of outdated discounting programs for several organizations and offering all those organizations alternative customization programs then why aren't we hearing any bellyaching from the other organizations? I'm not trying to lead anyone to believe anything. I'm just stating a point because I'm puzzled that no other organization has stepped-up and said Yeti did the same thing to them. 

As far as the assault rifle debate.....there is a large push to do away with them but fact is that those weapons contribute to a very small percentage of annual deaths in the US versus handgun related deaths. The numbers don't lie. I clearly understand all sides in that debate but our 2nd amendment rights must be upheld entirely IMO.   

Let's all please be respectful of others views. 

2 hours ago, NCTribute said:

The real real problem is,  people not being accepting of other people's views and telling them they are wrong for what they think, say and write!

According to the NRA, YETI dropped the NRA Foundation as a client. The NRA has purchased and auctioned off thousands of YETI coolers for charitable causes, some of which include conservation programs. Not only would YETI not take orders from the NRA for more coolers but the NRA was forced to cancel orders that were already in the system that YETI said they would not fill. It was after the NRA informed their members of this that YETI decided to release that prepared statement in the above post. That statement from YETI said that they simply eliminated the discount program. Hmmmm? Smells fishy

26 minutes ago, Drummer said:

you gotta admit shooting 22 pounds of tannerite in a Yeti cooler is a pretty funny spectacle.

:D

Never got the nerve to use 22 pounds in my backyard but I'm sure it would be fun!  I enjoy getting rid of items with tannerite but not sure a cooler would be one of them.

You guys did see the kid who shot the refrigerator full of tannerite, right? The door came at him like a ghost in a horror film. Kids lucky to be alive!

All politics aside, I'll keep my Yeti. It's never done anything to hurt my feelings.

Yeah I'll go one more time. Seems when Yeti was starting out they found a niche with hunters and fishermen who built their business to what it is. Now through shrewd marketing they target the regular folks as their number one customer! Were not #1 anymore, there is a larger customer base than just fishermen and hunters to sell to. Can't take a chance and hurt their feelings.

My take on NRA / 2nd A:

I’m an avid shooter and hunter. In our family, we all shoot and hunt. We are not members of the NRA by choice. I believe the NRA is an organization with good intentions but they execute their plan very badly in my opinion. Does that make us bad people that don’t believe in the 2ndA? Absolutely not! WE definitely believe in the 2nd Amendment; whole heartedly. The people protesting and some people in our government are and will try to repeal the 2ndA. NCTribute, if you think they are not, you might look a little deeper into the subject. To me it is crystal clear of their intentions. The AR debate will be here for a while. State level governments will ban the sale and purchase of them, as they can but everyone should read these so called “assault weapons bills” they are all trying to pass. I see all the time, what is trying to be back doored by our elected officials. Semi-automatic is what I always see. Granted, we own AR’s and M4’s but what about my shotgun that I use for turkey hunting? It’s a semi-automatic? What about my 10/22 that we use to shoot steel? Yep, all get banned. That G17 or G22 that people defend their homes with? Yep, banned. It’s a slippery slope. Unfortunately, there is no middle ground between the left and the right. The right is smart enough to see the left’s intentions, even though they swear “nobody wants to take your guns”…    

My take on Yeti:

We own a 3 or 4 of Yeti coolers and cups, along with Engle (my favorite) and a couple of K2. Regardless of Yeti’s position on the NRA or the 2ndA, I wouldn’t go out and blow up, shoot, squash with a crane outrigger pad, my coolers and cups; that’s plain silly. I’m sure you all remember a time when people’s religion and politics were private? I sure do and it was a lot better times. I look at it this way; if Scott Deal came out against guys who hunt and drive Ford pickups; I wouldn’t go burn down my Pathfinder, nor would I mag dump my M4 at it. I like the product and we spent a ton of hard earned money on it. Also Mr. Deal and everyone else is entitled to their opinions. AND I would still buy another boat from MBC.

I believe Yeti is only guilty of bad timing. In the world we live in today; teenagers calling for boycotts of news programs and anyone else’s company that disagrees with their point of view; everyone is on guard. Everyone blows everything out of proportion. Social media is hilarious and I enjoy watching the show. You have the “Extreme Right” blowing up coolers and shooting cups; while you have the Yeti Pro Staff, TV Guides, who know how to manipulate Social Media, coming back and slamming / berating anyone who questions Yeti’s decision. It’s quite the pissing contest. Just for the record, I do think Yeti was ending their program and I don’t think Yeti owes the NRA anything.  

Archived