Where to stay on West Coast for snapper season??

Nick2400TRS

I'm not sure about any hotels, but I would look at airbnb rentals with a dock and gulf access, or a place near a marina where you could keep your boat in the water.  I would look for places in St. pete, Clearwater, Dunedin, Tarpon Springs,  and gulf harbors.  All of these areas have access to red snapper at about 20 miles out and great offshore fishing.  I personally like Tarpon Springs for offshore, but only because that is where all my numbers are.  

If I had to recommend a place, it would be here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8143572?s=5

I have stayed on the houseboat a couple times and it is comfortable for 2-3 guys that are just there to sleep and want quick access to fishing.  You will need to talk to the marina beforehand to make sure you can overnight your boat on their docks (i'm sure for a fee) and trailer in their overflow parking lot. 

This ^^^^^^^

This House boat is at Anclote Village Marina. That's where I keep my Rampage. You would be hard pressed to get a better location. Couple of hundred yards and you out of the no wake zone And just a short hop to the open Gulf.. Should not be a problem with the boat or trailer. 727 937 9737 is the marina number.

The restaurant there will cook your catch

I checked the availability ,and I guess a lot of other people had the same idea because it is booked solid through August.  A place right across the street from the marina is nice, especially if you have 3-4 man crew: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19036888?s=51

There are only a couple weekends left available, but it is a duplex so the other side might be available too.  You could probably still keep your boat at the same marina and just walk across the street too it, or keep it onsite.  The county boat ramp is 100 yards down the road.

Archived