Jump to content
RedfishRippn

I seriously LOVE my Maverick BUT...

Recommended Posts

Y'all have got to change the fuel fill location on this boat. I have a 2016 hpxv and I love everything about the boat besides the gunnel rod holders and the fuel fill. It is seriously annoying that I cannot fill my fuel tank all the way without slowly topping it off with a 5 gallon portable can! Please move the fill to the middle of the deck and have the gas poor directly into the tank underneath rather then having it run horizontally/uphill for 2 feet like it does now. Please Maverick listen!!

#rantover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure your problem is with the new-ish EPA regulations on fuel tanks (basically no straight open vents to the atmosphere) than filler location. My 2010 fills like a race car then pukes it out through the vent all over the ground when full, which I'm fine with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jason p said:

I'm pretty sure your problem is with the new-ish EPA regulations on fuel tanks (basically no straight open vents to the atmosphere) than filler location. My 2010 fills like a race car then pukes it out through the vent all over the ground when full, which I'm fine with. 

Same with my 2013.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Jason said. My 2011 fills slowly but completely and the pump handle clicks off when it's full as it was designed to do. It fills faster when the boat is level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EPA stuff aside the fact of the matter is the design ***, if the design worked before EPA regs and now does not then its time for a refresh. I have seen other threads on this and we should not have to level our trailers, place starboard under the fill hose, stand on the starboard side while filling in the water, or use a 5 gallon canister to fill the last 3 to 4 gallons on a boat this price. Some people may not care but when your making long runs at WOT in a tournament those last 3 gallons are critical!!

33 minutes ago, conocean said:

What Jason said. My 2011 fills slowly but completely and the pump handle clicks off when it's full as it was designed to do. It fills faster when the boat is level. 

 Are you certain that yours actually fills to completion? A 29 gallon tank that fills completely to 29 gallons? Mine will fill to around 24 - 26 gallons before I have to top off with a portable can.  I would challenge you to fill your boat until the pump clicks off and then continue to fill with a portable can and see how much more it takes.

ALL in ALL I love my boat, if purchasing a new boat tomorrow I would buy the exact same rig ( except I would shell out for colored non skid).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, the EPA stuff stinks! But it's the law. I'd be putting a 2 gallon jug in one of my hatches if I were you with that smaller tank. 

I ordered my boat with a 35 gallon tank. That's what the label says. I've drained it and was able to fill it with just over 33 gallons before gas poured out from the vent & top of the fuel fill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RedfishRippn said:

EPA stuff aside the fact of the matter is the design ***, if the design worked before EPA regs and now does not then its time for a refresh. I have seen other threads on this and we should not have to level our trailers, place starboard under the fill hose, stand on the starboard side while filling in the water, or use a 5 gallon canister to fill the last 3 to 4 gallons on a boat this price. Some people may not care but when your making long runs at WOT in a tournament those last 3 gallons are critical!!

 Are you certain that yours actually fills to completion? A 29 gallon tank that fills completely to 29 gallons? Mine will fill to around 24 - 26 gallons before I have to top off with a portable can.  I would challenge you to fill your boat until the pump clicks off and then continue to fill with a portable can and see how much more it takes.

ALL in ALL I love my boat, if purchasing a new boat tomorrow I would buy the exact same rig ( except I would shell out for colored non skid).

Just curious.  Why a colored non skid.  Is it because it wouldn't show dirt, grime, and stains as bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! I think a very light gray would of helped to hide the dirt a little more than the white but I would have aslo considered making it ice blue like the rest of the boat for that fully custom feel!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, conocean said:

Agreed, the EPA stuff stinks! But it's the law. I'd be putting a 2 gallon jug in one of my hatches if I were you with that smaller tank. 

I ordered my boat with a 35 gallon tank. That's what the label says. I've drained it and was able to fill it with just over 33 gallons before gas poured out from the vent & top of the fuel fill.

I wish I could have gotten the 35 - my dealer said it was no longer available!! Unfortunately many tournaments do not allow you to carry extra fuel aboard the boat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that MBC did away with offering the larger tank in 2012 (?). I love the larger tank paired with the F90. My range is silly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JEM said:

Just curious.  Why a colored non skid.  Is it because it wouldn't show dirt, grime, and stains as bad?

It's sooooo much easier on your eyes due to the reduced glare. My entire cap is light blue, it's worth the cost if ordering new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed. I will never own a boat that doesn't have either an ice blue or whisper gray deck. The glare that bounces off of a white or oyster colored deck punishes my eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×