Stolen Pathfinder *please share!*

justfish

1 hour ago, conocean said:

Good idea but that’s easily overcome. Experienced thieves come well prepared with their own makeshift trailer tongue &/or ball connections. They get awfully creative if need be. Seen it many times. The best way to keep your boat from being stolen on its trailer is to use a quality wheel lock.

To be made whole again will not happen.

I'm dealing with it now. Most all have insurance until you make a claim and some companies are better than others. The victim always looses one way or the other and the criminals walk on to the next victim. The system is broke and I can type an example and prove it.

If you make out on an insurance claim your border line a fraudulent individual. It's not the way I chose to roll.

Very few claims for me but the few have always cost me money at the end of the day one way or the other.

'

Sorry OP and for my rant. I hope it all works out for you.

rubble- Yes if they can get the locked wheel off. Quality wheel locks make it virtually impossible to unscrew more than 2 or 3 lugs so wheel removal would take quite a while, probably like welding thru the wheel lock. I’d use 2 if I had 2 axles. Thieves know which boats are easiest to steal in a few minutes (or less) and it’s not the boats with a wheel lock. If I win the lottery I’ll buy all my forum friends a wheel lock for Christmas! 🎅🏻

Thanks everyone. And thanks Ralph for returning that! 

One of good things about so much recent insurance issues is they know you well so my agent met me at office this morning to review policy as mine is boxed up somewhere. I do have agreed on value that’s pretty close to what i think I could have sold it for (although I wasn’t planning on it).

I just added the powerpole, ipilot and redid electronics last few weeks and unfortunately should have added a few thousand to the value for those, but it could be much worse.  

Man that sux. I know all the theft prevention ideas posted up are with good intent but honestly you can not stop a theif. You can make it inconvenient, possibly make them choose a easier target but if they have time to plan and want it bad enough they will get it.

Archived