Stolen Pathfinder *please share!*

justfish

If I didn’t have bad luck, I wouldnt have any luck. 

Stolen last (10/20) night from our hurricane damaged house while we’re out of it. Please share this on FB or anywhere else that might help. 

Yellow 2003 Pathfinder 22. 150 Vmax. Fiberglass T top and brand new powerpole (not pictured)  

66AEDA5C-4886-4041-AC46-F8977461E3CA.jpeg

Stolen from St Augustine. No leads but everyone says suspect the subs working on house.  There are tons of em tho

I do have insurance but can’t even remember coverages.

I just had final inspection for house and was hoping not to deal with them this soon. 

Sorry to hear that. It happens so often in south FL that I’m numb to it. Make every one a suspect, not just the subs working on your house. Chances are that your boat has been on someone’s theft radar for a while. 

About all you can do is get a police report, file an insurance claim then hope it isn’t recovered stripped down & beat up. An Agreed Value coverage policy (versus Actual Cash Value) can be very beneficial to you, especially if it’s not recovered. Let me know if you’d like my help to review your coverage. 

What anti theft devices did you have in place? The scumbags would’ve needed a flat bed tow truck or a lot of time to weld thru a good wheel lock. Receiver locks and chains or cables locked thru the wheels can be ripped thru in minutes. 

13 minutes ago, Northfl said:

Man that ***. Will keep an eye out up here in jax. My little brother’s aluminum boat was stolen probably 15 years ago and everytime i see one that looks like it i still look for the one tell tell sign that it is his boat. 

Besides being yellow, It’s got some unique things that should be easy to differentiate - the TTop and leaning post are custom and different than what you’d normally see. 

As far as boat trailer locks, I would consider installing a fold away tongue. Then just take off the end ball section and store in the house. For the swivel/hinge bolt replace with a removable pin and it makes it rather hard to tow your trailer away with out the hitch. Good luck!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, DonV said:

As far as boat trailer locks, I would consider installing a fold away tongue. Then just take off the end ball section and store in the house. For the swivel/hinge bolt replace with a removable pin and it makes it rather hard to tow your trailer away with out the hitch. Good luck!!!!!!

Good idea but that’s easily overcome. Experienced thieves come well prepared with their own makeshift trailer tongue &/or ball connections. They get awfully creative if need be. Seen it many times. The best way to keep your boat from being stolen on its trailer is to use a quality wheel lock.

Betcha there was cussing that morning! That ***, no chance it will be found intact, maybe I'm wrong . Living in South Florida I had my first boat stolen story in 1985 or around there abouts. To this day I hear the stories. Justfish, get all of this outta the way and then you and the family won't HOPEFULLY have to deal with this/these setbacks in the future, that boy will not remember any of this!

Archived