Factory embedded trolling motor mounting plate on 17T

JMZ400

I've heard rumors that there is a metal plate sandwiched between the bow fiberglass layers for the mounting of trolling motors on my 01 17T. How to I go about finding its location. I'm finding it a challenge to work around the factory bow cleat so maybe I'm in the wrong place to start with. Thanks

IMG_20180415_130730.jpg

IMG_20180415_130752.jpg

None that I know of. I have had two 17t’s. On the second one the cap separated from the hull where the trolling motor was mounted. The constant bouncing and the torque it put on the cap eventually worked all fasteners and glue apart essentially peeling the cap back. Turned into a bit of a nightmare. 

Ouch. Well thanks for replying "D". I'm a DIY'er but am finding I'm a bit nervous drilling or cutting into this virgin boat. I'm always looking to somehow make modifications that are easily reversed and have no idea why. As such I noticed tonight that my Battery Tender plug just happens to fit snugly in the boat cleat hole. Not an ideal mounting for that plug but sure keeps it close and no other holes to make. However that makes for a less than desirable mounting location for the trolling motor. I'm just thinking out loud here.

IMG_20180420_190710.jpg

Archived