Boat cover price

Bayfisher34

Carver is not Sunbrella material and the warranty is terrible.  $1100 to $1300 is about right dependinging on how low to the gunnels it is cut.  Also recommend you go with the thread that Sunbrella recommends. Aside from a restitch, I got 15 years out of my last Sunbrella cover.

What JEM said. And I doubt any custom cover manufacturer is going to offer a warranty much different than Carver.

I bought a Sun-Dura Carver from boat covers direct and it works great. I had a custom Sunbrella cover for my 17MA but would never spend $1,000+ on the same cover for my 18HPX after owning my Carver cover. It may not last 15 years but I've never seen any cover that lasts longer than 7  years here in south FL unless the boat is stored out of the sun. 

I got a Carver Sun-dura for my 21 Redfisher for $489 w/free shipping from Cover World. I am very happy with the quality and it is rated for seven years. Like Paul said don't care what top of the line boat cover you get the Florida sun will shorten its life span. I would never pay $1000 for a boat cover. Don't know if you got the space or if it's allowed in your city. But I have kept all my boats under a cover and under a King Canopy to protect it from the sun. Mine is on the side of the house if yours is in a boat yard I would say to invest in the best cover you can but within a reasonable price and I just don't see how $1000-1300 is reasonable. 

Archived