The official "What did you catch today" thread

whichwaysup

6 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

that must of been fun getting that toothy guy into the boat !!!

Where were you fishing....looks pretty close to shore.....were you high speed trolling or just got him by chance ?

dc

I was close to shore, about a 1.5 miles off shore. 200ft of water. I was targeting them, bump trolling bullet bonitas. I troll around small jigs until I catch a Bonita, then immediately hook them to a better rod. Troll around until I get the bite. Getting the fish in the boat was tricky, I only had a small pick gaff.

• 2 weeks later...

Headed up to the Pamlico with a few friends for what we like to call "Flounder Fest" . . .  Ended up with over 50 flounder with about 17 being keepers between 17 and 19.5 inches.  All these fish were caught in less than a foot of water.  

Got a bunch of short trout too, and got surrounded by a MASSIVE school of slot reds in 2 feet of water that we were able to pick a couple out of before they scattered.

An absolutely beautiful day, literally at the end of the known world.  

20180901_062030.jpg

20180901_065829.jpg

20180901_073418.jpg

20180901_081310.jpg

43391.jpeg

• Like 4

21 hours ago, HoneyB said:

Took the kids and grandma out to catch some blue crab.. did the old fashioned way with string and chicken . Loads of fun watching  them try to pull them up yelling get the net 

E2BDC24F-1C33-48FC-99CD-E04E58993B23.jpeg

00953B1C-DCAA-423D-8224-94C0A8647072.jpeg

My neighbor does it the same way but used mullet, he would butterfly them and send them out on a string and drag them back in. Worked great until one day he left his daughter at one creek while he worked another, well when he went back he found her sitting there with no rope, no mullet and no crabs! When he asked what happened she said a huge tarpon slurped up the mullet and she fought it for a little while but eventually lost. I think chicken is the safer option! :D

• Like 1