ISO Master Angler

Hey guys,

I am looking for a Maverick 18, preferably without a Motor or anything. Not sure if this is something that is out there, but I am wanting to do some refurb work (paint, non skid etc) to get it looking new again and then repower. 

If anyone has any leads on a hull (or good price with an engine that I can take off), that would be awesome. Greatly appreciated in advanced!

I am located in the Tampa area. I would prefer a 92’ and up. I’m not exactly sure on my price range because it just depends what the hull/boat shape is. I am pretty set on doing some refurb work on the hull and repowering with a new engine so of course the lower the better to make sure my refurb budget stays in line. Thanks a lot man

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 1:58 PM, TailingWaterOutfitters said:

I am located in the Tampa area. I would prefer a 92’ and up. I’m not exactly sure on my price range because it just depends what the hull/boat shape is. I am pretty set on doing some refurb work on the hull and repowering with a new engine so of course the lower the better to make sure my refurb budget stays in line. Thanks a lot man

remember the earlier models had a wooden transom.....

dc

5 hours ago, Moderator said:

Dino,

The 70's Berg boats had wood in the layup.. I don't think any Maverick boats had wood in them after the factory opened in Ft Pierce.. 1985 (?)

Maverick bought the Hewes brand and they went wood-free in 89 or 1990..

Marc

I remember when I was looking at a "NON" Berg a few years ago.....and it was wood....can't remember the year....and I believe you are correct....I could not remember when the change over occurred.....good info.

dc

On 4/23/2018 at 3:15 AM, Wanaflatsfish said:

I remember when I was looking at a "NON" Berg a few years ago.....and it was wood....can't remember the year....and I believe you are correct....I could not remember when the change over occurred.....good info.

dc

Thanks for the info guys. I have heard a variety of years when they stopped using wood, but 89’ was the latest I’ve heard so I think I’m good. I am looking for a 92’ or newer anyhow. Let me know if you have anymore leads! Thanks a lot

Archived