Need a Trailer for my 18' Redfisher

Nolezone

13 hours ago, Nolezone said:

I hate spending $1,500 to have the axle and hubs

How many axels are you putting on for $1500?

By all means if you want to get a new trailer, do it, but if the trailer is in good shape besides the axle it would be a lot cheaper just to get an axle.  Last time I got a new axle it was about $400 for a torsion axle and that included hubs.

It doesn’t appear to be the axle although I haven’t looked specifically at that. I’m just horrified to see the degradation of the steel pieces that start at the end of the axle and bolt to the back of what I assume is the wheel hub. They are both totally rusted over and the back of the hubs look pretty bad too. A couple of my steel bunk parts look bad too and I’m sure the trailer repair people will suggest that I replace them too although I can’t imagine that would add serious expense. 

Im at that point where I’m weighing repair vs. replacement. I told the wife this AM that having this 10 year old Hewes is like a person who has a vintage Camero or Mustang. It’s our “collector’s item” and I want it to be sweet while still keeping an eye on my retiree budget!

Where are you located?  There are several trailer companies in Florida that make a good trailer (Owens and Sons, Continental, Rocket, Ameritrail etc).  FLDXT posted my favorite trailer.  Rolls Axle out of Plant City has their lifetime spring system which is by far better than the rest.  No steel torsions , axle or springs to corrode. 

Archived