Ethanol Fuel and the effects of daily use

RacerxV6

I was searching the web for how to's on carb rebuilds and came across a very interesting video on you tube.    I thought I would post a link here and allow everyone to see what ethanol fuel does and how it reacts to air.  This blew my mind because I do run ethanol as I do not have a station near me with rec fuel.  I normally run only what I need and run the motor dry at the dock.  That however is going to change and I will be purchasing my fuel at the landing until I can find a station near me.  Please watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzFzYoxxA10

After floating in the river to cut out a section of fuel line that had grown closed from Ethanol I have never bought another gallon. 

I have seen engines frozen up after sitting for a number of months because of the moisture content gettin into the motor with the fuel. 

I bought a new Honda pressure washer that had as many as 5 decals that read do not use ethanol fuel. 

I only bring rec. fuel to any small engine used. Lawn mower golf cart leaf blower and so on. 

I have said this before a while back, not one gallon of gasoline comes into the state of Florida with one drop of ethanol in it.

The ethanol is splashed into the truck while we load it at the distributors rack (Port Everglades for instance or Port Manatee) along with the additives per customers order. 

The ethanol is brought into the state and distributor by either truck or rail car. Most customers have between 8 and 10 percent ethanol splashed in to their order.

Don't let anyone tell you that it is to difficult to stop adding ethanol to gasoline. It's as simple as shutting off a valve.

One other tidbit, there is a huge problem of mold at the loading racks, many drivers are complaining about it for health reasons. 

Archived