2005 20v question

david Terry

I posted this in vintage PF but didn’t get a response 

My trolling motor batteries are in the forward locker directly behind the anchor locker  

I want to secure the batteries to the floor  I was going to put some starboard down for strength    Can I screw through the starboard into the bottom of that locker to attach it securely?

thanks

You should be able to screw into the floor of the compartment, just not too far.  I'd be especially careful on the sides.  You should be able to get a pretty good idea of clearance by using a small USB inspection camera fished through the anchor locker, or even with a cell phone camera or go-pro held down there.  Just don't drop 'em.

I opted to keep my 3 batteries in the center console.  It keeps the weight centered and cuts down on shock to the batteries and compartment decking when you slam a wave.  Just wondering why to choose the front compartment ?  

19 minutes ago, Grant said:

You should be able to screw into the floor of the compartment, just not too far.  I'd be especially careful on the sides.  You should be able to get a pretty good idea of clearance by using a small USB inspection camera fished through the anchor locker, or even with a cell phone camera or go-pro held down there.  Just don't drop 'em.

I opted to keep my 3 batteries in the center console.  It keeps the weight centered and cuts down on shock to the batteries and compartment decking when you slam a wave.  Just wondering why to choose the front compartment ?  

Thanks Grant, I was actually thinking about ya location myself. That is wher they were lcated when I bought the boat. My engine/house batteries are in the center console, I guess I could figure out a way to etvthe cable extended and move the batteries back into the console. Since I had the new ulterior mounted it does seem like I could use some more up trim, moving the batteries would help with that I guess. 

Thx

5 hours ago, david Terry said:

Thanks Guys, gonna move them back onto the console. I’m assuming wise feed thru bulge up into the console?

thanks again 

MIne was delivered with a wiring conduit running to the starboard side of the anchor compartment.  If it's there on yours I'm guessing you would have to run a snake back from the anchor compartment to see where it leads.  Otherwise, just fish it through the bilge.  I'd try to keep it to the side to keep it drier. 

Good Luck !

59 minutes ago, Grant said:

MIne was delivered with a wiring conduit running to the starboard side of the anchor compartment.  If it's there on yours I'm guessing you would have to run a snake back from the anchor compartment to see where it leads.  Otherwise, just fish it through the bilge.  I'd try to keep it to the side to keep it drier. 

Good Luck !

Thanks, I kinda enjoy little projects like this, will let y’all know how it pans out. 

Cheers 

Archived