Trolling motor Shaft Length for 24 Pathfinder

john ambler

If you fish front side of beaches for Tarpon or Tripletail....( we sight fish and throw artificial's ) and there will be swells, waves etc....the longer shaft is needed. If you stay in the creeks and smaller rivers...you can probably get by with shorter. 

I have a 112 / 36 v MK on my 2200XL with longer shaft because I do fish a lot out front.....my opinion is get the one that suits your type of fishing....one thing for sure...it's easy to cut the shaft down to your needed size if necessary.....but you cannot stretch it if it's too short.

I'd go 72, that's what I have on mine.  I've needed the length and don't think its really in the way too much.  I've got the release bracket so can just pop it off if i'm not going to need it.  When stowed the shaft lines up pretty close to the edge of the bow anyway so it doesn't take up too much deck.

27 minutes ago, justdriftin said:

I'd go 72, that's what I have on mine.  I've needed the length and don't think its really in the way too much.  I've got the release bracket so can just pop it off if i'm not going to need it.  When stowed the shaft lines up pretty close to the edge of the bow anyway so it doesn't take up too much deck.

i agree. when working in waves with a v hull, the 60" will come out of the water from time to time and make all kinds of noise.

Archived