Update: Chokoloskee & 10K's First Trips: Florida Marine Tracks & Simrad NSS09 Combo with Gofree

Wanaflatsfish

I was able to run the FMT and Simrad for t he first time Thursday and Saturday.

One word: AMAZING

I know Chokoloskee pretty well for running it the past 15 years.....No where near Conocean...but, I ground myself only once a year :)

But, the FMT chip, is spot on to the routes I typically run and I learned a few new things for areas around the island Chokoloskee and the bars out front.

The runs through the "front S Curve" was dead on as well as the routes out through the various passes.

The graphics is what really makes the card....the google earth pics help with the details, even in the areas where there are no tracks.

The combo was very fun to use....I know understand why the FMT team "insist" you use the Simrad that has the "knob" vs buttons....without the knob, you can't react quickly enough when following the tracks and scanning in and out.

The image below is from the "S" curve outside the bars that I learned from forum member Uncle Mike......it what I've been running since 2005.

I am looking forward to using it in the keys and Flamingo / Hells bay.....which is where I actually purchased it for...

dc

Been working on family house project with little time to fish...but, things coming to an end....and had a few hours while some painting was curing....

Loaded up the goodies on the skiff:

Total Scan

Simrad NSS09 Evo2

Gofree Wifi...

Will take it out for a run tomorrow...let's see how everything works :)

IMG_7122.thumb.jpg.c2ca2c5611189a5d7057f6b02633d645.jpgIMG_7124.thumb.jpg.4c591fb91ff4517d01dcc6ce7d81ece1.jpgIMG_7127.thumb.jpg.46443be183782fb21bb5221be13da323.jpg

gofree wifi simple connection....great toy.

gofree.thumb.jpg.dc9fa4f9f0f95239d57b20fb1caf88f8.jpg

I ran that choko area a couple of times with the FMT chip.  Incredibly accurate and the details provided are really something to see.  I think they marked nearly every bar there.   Makes it easier to get around in poor vis.  I think its the best chip by far for where I go.   I was running around the Everglades like crazy with that thing in some crazy places I had never seen.   How does it look on the 9"?  The screen resolution on the 9" compared to the 12" is well less than 1/2 as good.

14 hours ago, Skinny Running said:

I ran that choko area a couple of times with the FMT chip.  Incredibly accurate and the details provided are really something to see.  I think they marked nearly every bar there.   Makes it easier to get around in poor vis.  I think its the best chip by far for where I go.   I was running around the Everglades like crazy with that thing in some crazy places I had never seen.   How does it look on the 9"?  The screen resolution on the 9" compared to the 12" is well less than 1/2 as good.

Looks fine...

dc

Archived