2300DV bilge pump/macerator hose

Reel Joy

I have a 2300DV (2004), the output hose for the macerator has always leaked at the pump. It seems like the outlet on the pump is 1 inch but the hose is 1.125 inches inside. I've tried cutting back on the hose as far as I could to reach some 'new' hose but it's still bigger than 1 inch. I've tried using a 1 inch nylon coupler(and another short piece of nylon reinforced hose) but it still leaks. Unfortunately the thru hull connector is behind the small bait wells so I cannot remove this hose and replace it. My only option seems to be get a coupler that's actually bigger than 1 inch. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

Hey Paul,

Hard to give advice on that dilemma.. Obviously, something changed over the years.

What make of macerator is mounted there ?  It may have a different outlet diameter than the original pump.

Plus, how bad is the leak ?  Does it spray all over the bilge, or just drip stinky, bloody juice in a closed space ?

Gotta have the macerator pump for the fishboxes !!

Marc

Marc,

It's a Jabsco 18590-2092 macerator pump, it has a 1 inch outlet. This is the original hose. I did find a 1 inch to 1 1/8 inch adaptor in West Marine, it's a MarineEast Innovative Solutions product. It worked fine connecting the two hoses, no leaks. Of course now I cannot get the pump to prime consistently. I tightened all of the inlet side connections, I don't think I have any air leaks. If I use a short(1 foot) 1 inch hose and simply direct it to a bucket the pump works fine!  I think I need to shorten the outlet hose.

Paul

Archived