TE Bow Seat

FROZEN

All,

I have an ‘08 2200TE with a factory installed bow seat “receiver”. I have never unscrewed the cap, and usually use the Yeti cooler as my bow seat for drifting with Poppin’ Corks for trout.

Having old knees and an easily fatigue-able back, I’m looking for a little more height (not much!) and a seat (not leaning seat), than the cooler provides.

Questions.....

Is the receptacle reinforced and can it handle a tall seat with a back? I googled and do not see many types pictures on a PF. I’m worried about a taller post, and the corresponding cantilever effect, tearing up the deck.

Anyone have any pictures of works well for you?

Thanks.

i use a bass style bicycle seat post and also have a shorter folding chair for the wife. the bass seat is really more fore leaning on while fishing and running the trolling motor, the folding chair is much more comfortable and you're way less likely to flip over backwards when setting the hook. i left the bass seat in once and my wife used it and fell over backwards. needless to say, we don't leave the house anymore without making sure we have HER seat.

5 hours ago, Tarpon1215 said:

Frozen, don’t worry about the stress on the seat base, they are glassed in, and are designed to be used with a seat in the manner you describe. Seats without armrests work best, I use a leaning post designed by Birdsall Marine in my front seat base.

Thanks Tarpon.....that’s exactly what I needed to know!

Archived