O.A. Length of 2300 HPS on Breakaway Trailer

Stealyourflat

No access to this specific setup and contradicting information by manufacturers.  Asking any 2300 HPS owners with Ameritrail 'Breakaway' or 'Zero Tolerance' trailer what the overall length from prop (while motor is completely down) to the break in the tongue of the 'Breakaway' trailer?

Basically, what would be the overall length of a garage or pole barn have to be to accommodate the above referenced setup?

My rig is down at the condo right now so I can't measure,  but if I remember correctly the total length of folding tongue trailer, boat, jack plate and 250 is 27 ft. - 4 in. on Ameritrail trailer. When I swing the trailer tongue back, the tip of the bow is exactly in the same plane as the trailer. The 23 hps is exactly 24 ft. long from tip of bow to end of transom. So, if you could find the dimensions of the jack plate and the Yamaha 250, then add 24 ft. to that, you would have the total length.

If you are ordering a trailer from Ameritrail, have them install the winch behind the knuckle/hinge not in front of it. The knuckle is not designed to handle the torque of the winch and the pressures exerted by trailering. Google any company that makes the knuckle or hinge and read the instillation instructions.   

Archived