Florida Skiff Challenge

Compton

Yeah, up to an 18' skiff with 70 hp max traveling 1600 miles around the state in two days......I mean what could go wrong?  I saw this morning they were already at Key Largo from Pensacola heading north after just over 24 hours!! Just crazy!

I so want to do that.  Seems pretty simple, I mean, all I have to do is:

1) Win Lottery and quit job

2)  Start a skiff building company

3)  Learn the business from the ground up, better than the guys who have been doing it since they were 2 years old.

4)  Not go bankrupt every time the economy goes in the tank

5)  Not go bankrupt even when the economy isn't in the tank

6)  Create a product that actually works and offers something new, edgy, technical, etc.

7)  Enter the race

8)  Not drown

9)  Not run out of gas

10)  Not embarrass the company by sinking

11)  Not go bankrupt

Seems like a piece of cake, really.

OK, perfect... Here's what we'll do for next year.

I'm not busy, except for having a 6 week-old baby but I'll figure something out, besides he'll be one this time next year and pretty much self sufficient I think, he was a big baby. I'll take the reigns of the MBC for a couple months prior to add some legitimacy to the turn-over from Mr. Deal to me. To further solidify my position as the Pres we'll re-launch the 17 Micro (in tiller form only), update the 17 and 18 HPXV's, and re-launch the 21 Master Angler with a redesigned transom to handle 400HP.

Easy-Peasy

Feel free to shoot me a PM if there are any further questions.

55 minutes ago, jason p said:

OK, perfect... Here's what we'll do for next year.

I'm not busy, except for having a 6 week-old baby bit I'll figure something out, besides he'll be one this time next year and pretty much self sufficient I think, he was a big baby. I'll take the reigns for a couple months prior to add some legitimacy to the turn-over from Mr. Deal to me. To further solidify my position as the Pres we'll re-launch the 17 Micro (in tiller form only), update the 17 and 18 HPXV's, and re-launch the 21 Master Angler with a redesigned transom to handle 400HP.

Easy-Peasy

Feel free to shoot me a PM if there are any further questions.

Sounds good to me, love those micro tillers and the 21 MA! 

Jason, you've inspired me.   I, too, will quit my job, leave my 5 children to fend for themselves (worked out fine in Lord of the Flies, right?), take the role as your #2 (Just call me "Veep" if you'd like) and join you in this endeavor.   Since I too, will need some street (water?) cred, I'll re-launch the 18 MA and put the birds out of business.   

The only question you and I will have to work out is whether we'll do this thing in your micro tiller or my 18 MA.   I'm leaning towards the Micro Tiller, because it would be a lot more fun to watch the Yellowfin guys come in behind us.

Wait a minute.. I’ll be retired by then. I have years of experience running small vessels in long range pursuits off South America. That means I’ll have time and have the credit😂. 

Jason I think you’re on to something here. Like the dude from Wolf Of Wall Street said, “I will literally quit my job and come work for you.” Also, a one year old is like an adult. Little guy will have a drivers license and a OUPV by then. 

Archived