Hewes Redfisher 18 Front Seat Pedestal

Fsu11

I want to take out the front seat pedestal mount and replace it with a 0 degree rod holder to use an umbrella in it, I unscrewed the top piece and it came out but it looks like the actual piece for the seat pedestal to go into is metal and sunk into the fiberglass from the factory, can i use a holesaw to cut out the hole slightly bigger and knock out that round metal piece for the rod holder to replace or what is my best option? I added a picture of what im talking about on the right of the picture

hewes.jpg

4 hours ago, imsnookyrd said:

Just my opinion but I would adapt the umbrella to fit the 3/4" hole in the seat mount.  Cheaper and easier .

any suggestions on how to make that happen? i already have a 0 degree gemlux rodholder but its looking like i need to buy a seat post and make something to hold the umbrella

sent a message to hewes and they replied back saying its integrated into the fiberglass and they highly advise against cutting it out unless i want to do major fiberglass work which i do not so i will figure out a way to attach an umbrella elsewhere

On 3/29/2018 at 8:42 PM, cdmoore91 said:

i just put my umbrella in the rod holders on the side of the console. works pretty good. 

i have the stock pvc rod holders on the side of console and they flex too much for my liking to trust an umbrella there

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Waterguy said:

Just came back from keys and mrs got scorched. May I ask what type and size of umbrella are we talking? Tx!

i just have a walmart special kind of umbrella. nothing fancy but it opens pretty big and gives more than enough shade on the boat for a couple people. 

• 2 weeks later...

are you guys using a big deck umbrella that usually goes in a weighted stand? because thats what mine is and its pretty heavy im just worried about the rodholder only being bolted through the relatively thin fiberglass of the console

• 1 month later...
On June 20, 2018 at 4:34 PM, Fsu11 said:

are you guys using a big deck umbrella that usually goes in a weighted stand? because thats what mine is and its pretty heavy im just worried about the rodholder only being bolted through the relatively thin fiberglass of the console

no i don't use one that big. mine is the style that you bring to the beach with you that you can stick into the sand. once i bunjee strap it to the rod holder i never have problems with it. 

Archived