Playing with Simard Nss9, FMT maps and Gofree on IPAD

Wanaflatsfish

Dino, it was great meeting you today. That Simrad unit is really nice but you really need to put it down and get back on the laundry room!:D The 741 will fit my needs on the bay boat and I appreciate you taking the time to allow me to come over and pick it up today. 

Capt. Don, if a guy comes by you in Choko in one of your fishing holes and calls you and Dino by name and happens to have a Garmin 741 on his boat it would be purely coincidence:)!?!

Tight lines gentlemen. 

12 hours ago, conocean said:

The problem with many of those who have a gadget infatuation is very similar to my 15 yr old son’s obsession with social media. You lose touch with natural interaction and only learn what is fed to you on a screen. Dino is a true “fish-llenial” 😂 

I don't do any more social media other than this fishing forum and I used to do a Nikon forum....way too old to be a "fish'llenial" - lol :)

I do like playing with technology....so, this is part of the hobby.....why do you own a HPX when you could catch all the feesh you want in a john boat?  Why own a AmeraTrail when an old trailer gets you there and back just as quickly......because they, in your opinion give you value and they are noted as the "best" in the industry......for me, gadgets are just part of the fun and they hobby....

dc

2 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

why do you own a HPX when you could catch all the feesh you want in a john boat?  Why own a AmeraTrail when an old trailer gets you there and back just as quickly......because they, in your opinion give you value and they are noted as the "best" in the industry......for me, gadgets are just part of the fun and they hobby....

Oh, Dino...you know the deal! I own an HPX so I can store all my cr@p, pole quietly and be comfortable when running 70+ miles in a day. I prefer an Ameratrail because it fits my hull perfect, pulls smooth at 70mph and makes launching/loading a breeze at the ramps I use during almost any tide. Function always trumps value IMO.  

I laugh when I see people staring at big screens on their boats. It's the same laugh I have when I see my kid & his buddies on their iPhones looking at social media!  

You know that I only bust peoples ballz that I really like. Enjoy your new gadget! ;) 

Paul, 

I know exactly what you’re talking about. Running thru Mud Bay a while back in my Mav T watching my GPS instead of relying on experience and parked her on the mud flat to the left of the island instead of the right coming home. Now that was a grounding😄

dh 

1 hour ago, conocean said:

You know that I only bust peoples ballz that I really like.

You like me a lot (LOL)..... :) :)

Always fun to have our back and forths on the forum.....but, you were 100% right on the MA17 for me and DonH and the trailer axel replacement....so, sometimes I do listen :) (LOL)

Someday I'll actually fish again once my laundry room is complete..... ha :)

dc

5 minutes ago, Donh said:

Paul, 

I know exactly what you’re talking about. Running thru Mud Bay a while back in my Mav T watching my GPS instead of relying on experience and parked her on the mud flat to the left of the island instead of the right coming home. Now that was a grounding😄

dh 

Nothing like a bit of wo-wo-wo to end the day....in fact, if I recall Capt DonH....we did the wo-wo-wo dance last trip in the MA17 on the way out of Chokoloskee and trying  to find our way into the Turner....yeppp...gota Go Right of the pole :)...nothing like a wo-wo-wo and then the push pole dance at 0700 :(

dc

1 hour ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Prolly settin myself up fer this .

Been breakin mine fer awhile now .

😬

I stopped breakin yours a long time ago. Now they're permanently broken. xD 

1 hour ago, Donh said:

Paul, 

dh 

I had a few of those moments in my old T. At first you say, "this boat can run in spit". Then reality strikes and then you admit, "um, well, maybe not." :( 

#high&dry #needmoreh2o #lessonlearned

Archived