2005 Transom Plug (Install Follow-up Question)

Seacraft06

I am looking to change the drain plug on my 2005 20. Has anyone done this and which new setup did you use? Was it a direct fit?

I attached the only pic of mine that I have right. 

Installation Follow-up Question:

I purchased the mbggear transom plug which was suggested in this post. My problem now is the hole needs to be bigger then what is already there  the neck on the new plug is much bigger then the old one. Problem being is the bottom of the old hole already lies directly at the bottom of the inside of the hull. So I need the hole to be big but not be down any further. Anyone run into this or have suggestions?

Thank you

56372577-9256-4974-8262-934D9613420E.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Installation Follow-up Question:

I purchased the mbggear transom plug which was suggested in this post. My problem now is the hole needs to be bigger then what is already there  the neck on the new plug is much bigger then the old one. Problem being is the bottom of the old hole already lies directly at the bottom of the inside of the hull. So I need the hole to be big but not be down any further. Anyone run into this or have suggestions?

Thank you

Thinking out loud, maybe have somebody holding a piece of 1 x 4, (maybe duct taped to the transom so that it doesn’t shift around) against the drain hole so that you have something to drill into with your appropriately sized hole saw.  The key, of course, would be to ensure the bottom of the hole saw is flush with the bottom of the drain hole.   

• 2 weeks later...

Archived