pvc board at Home Depot

Wanaflatsfish

Shell Lumber in Miami has PVC board and starboard in all thickness's and multiple sizes including smaller pieces like 1' x 2' or even 1' x 1' so you do not have to buy the larger sheets. They do have black PVC board in 1/4" thick but I am sure they could order the other sizes as well. I recently used PVC board cut into 2" x 1/4" thick wide strips and applied it to the bottom and sides of my new gas tank for my bay boat, this will allow water and debris to flow around the tank and not allow the tank to sit in salt water/moisture. It provided a nice tight fit and no foam was used to secure, just mechanical fasteners.

5 minutes ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Shell Lumber in Miami has PVC board and starboard in all thickness's and multiple sizes including smaller pieces like 1' x 2' or even 1' x 1' so you do not have to buy the larger sheets. They do have black PVC board in 1/4" thick but I am sure they could order the other sizes as well. I recently used PVC board cut into 2" x 1/4" thick wide strips and applied it to the bottom and sides of my new gas tank for my bay boat, this will allow water and debris to flow around the tank and not allow the tank to sit in salt water/moisture. It provided a nice tight fit and no foam was used to secure, just mechanical fasteners.

That's the way to keep a tank alive!  Good job.

10 hours ago, mustang190 said:

I used it to replace the fender sides that were wood covered with carpet. No more wet carpet dripping seawater on the axels all day.

Definitely like that idea. Keeps the crap off the side of the boat but doesn't retain water.

Archived