FIrst Vise

WStrauss

I am new to fly tying and have done some research but am still wondering about which vise to possibly purchase. I have read some forums that say quality is better than trying to buy an all-in-one kit. I would be tying a mixture of saltwater and freshwater flies, but I was wondering if anyone has any insight on vises they use or may recommend. Thanks in advance.

I have the "Traveler". I have the pedsetal and the vise, but I haven't used the pedestal in a long time. If you have a local fly fishing group in your area, stop at one of the meetings and talk to them and see what they tie and where they get thier supplies. Go slow or you will tie up a small fortune in material. Experience speaking :content: There are thousands of fly recipes on line. Buy good hooks, good scissors and several bobbins.

Renzetti is made in Florida, Titusville, I think. Good people and good service.

Renzetti - I have been tying on their vises for years - in and of themselves, they make you a better fly tyer. The Traveler model is probably a good start. One of my two Renzettis (one North, one South) is a Traveler, which I use mainly for saltwater flies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived