Was just wondering what they are used for ?

RacerxV6

So, I was watching an episode of The SeaHunter this morning while nuking my oatmeal at work.  The guide and the host where fishing Choko.  I noticed for starters that they were not on a Seahunter Flats or Bay, perhaps they don't make a flats yet.  Anyway, the Mirage they were fishing had what looked like 4-6 inches antennas all the way around the bow of the boat.  They started right about were the front storage compartment is and then wrapped all they way around to match the other side, approximately 4-6 inches apart.  I was just wondering what in the world are those used for?

Feel free to chime in !!! ^_^

8 minutes ago, A-SALT said:

Fly line tamers. Keeps the fly line from going in the water.

Interesting! I thought it might have something to do with that but then again I was like the fly line will just slip though... and I guess that they are a little less expensive than integrating a toe rail.

Thanks A-Salt

1 hour ago, RacerxV6 said:

Interesting! I thought it might have something to do with that but then again I was like the fly line will just slip though... and I guess that they are a little less expensive than integrating a toe rail.

Thanks A-Salt

There’s a company that makes a mat with that style. I think the mat works better then the ones that go all the way around the bow 

Toe rails don't work when its blowin 15. Once the flyline starts to go over the side, it pulls the rest with it.

Just pole directly into the wind, sneak up on em... and you'll be fine with your flyline  in the water, but it will be wrapped around the throttle and steering wheel...ha

Archived