WetWilly

Marathon Lobstering

Headed down to Marathon this weekend for a bachelor party and looking to do some late season lobstering on the boat we rented. I picked up a lobster kit with net, tickler, gloves, and measuring device and have the permit. Any tips or pointers for this lobster newbie are appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Will

The water may be cold enough that a wet suit would be advisable.  Being so far past the season, and with the cold water and all, this sounds like a job for Lobster Dog...

Look for holes and depressions on the Gulf side.  There are also some common wrecks that show up on fishing and local charts, check them out, this time of year they may hold hugs.  Also stop by The Tackle Box...  They are a friendly crew and always willing to share some tips...

• Thanks 1

Little follow up here. First day we went out and the gps shut off a half mile away from our spot never found it so we just partied on the boat. Second day, we ended up finding some just a couple hundred yards away from the house in sand holes on a grass flat. I got my personal limit and some friend caught some as well. Will definitely be back. 

Though probably already very well known, I would highly recommend Keys Fisheries for a lunch spot. 

30FFC978-1F31-4A32-8A0C-CBAD5A0B8E2E.jpeg

• Like 1